Visit Some of the Fun of Events of Past Years by Clicking on the Links Below:Summer Events of 2015 Events of 2007
To View Events Prior to 2004 Please Use the Drop Down Menu
*Buffy's 2004 NASTAR Ski Racing Ranking
*John's 2004 NASTAR Ski Racing Ranking
Go for it!
"Another Rotten Day in Heaven. Some Body Has to Do It So It Might As Well Be Us!"
To share an idea or comment with Buffy & John click HERE!
2023 Winter Events & Activities
* The 2022 ski season should be fun. We will again track the number of days we ski in 2002-23 with our ski buddies.
* Sunday, March 19th was scheduled as the last day of the season on the day of the fun Pond Skimming competition. Buffy and John celebrated another great day of skiing in Kink's hosted by Manager Greg (center rear) and many of their ski buddies and the announcement that the ski season would be extended into next week.
* St. Patrick's Day is a special holiday celebrated by Buffy and John by skiing with friends and enjoying some delicious corn beef and cabbage at home.
* March 14th was Buffy's Birthday, another excuse to have fun and party and we did! We had predicted "Buffy's Blizzard" for months and Mother Nature cooperated. The photos capture the Birthday celebration.
* Another rotten day in heaven on the deck of South on Thursday, March 9th with friends following a great day of skiing and our MC lift attendant buddy Daniel.
* John spent his 28th (he is dyslexic) birthday skiing and partying with friends at Mountain Creek and at the end of a wonderful day with Buffy who baked delicious shrimp parm dinner and a wonderful Caribbean cake.
* When the skeptics were saying skiing was almost over, the true believers knew that Buffy's Blizzard comes in March. Mother Nature could not wait. She celebrated the end of February with an early snow storm.https://www.angelfire.com/nj/vhs59/Snowman0102282023.JPG
* Valentine's Day is a special day to remind us that love is wonderful and the alternative is a waste of life. We celebrate Valentine's Day by giving Valentine chocolate kisses to our Mountain Creek friends who work the lifts and do other work to make skiing fun. Following skiing we had a fun Valentine's lunch on the deck of MC South with Rich, Bonnie, Lou joined by Big Teddy and Aaron.
* Skiing in February continues to be fun. The fun is meeting new friends like young August, his brother and Mom and helping Auggie learn to ski and the deck parties on MC South's deck with ski buddies after a fun day on the slopes.
* Another Rotten Day in Heaven on the slopes at Mountain Creek even with Mother Nature refusing to cooperate with cold weather and snow. It is more fun when the day of skiing ends on the deck at South with friends and couple of cold adult beverages. Let the party continue!
* Skiing is a blast! Not only today but in the past with many friends who we continue to see on the slopes. One friend from Hidden Valley days who is back on the slopes is Keith Hala who we met on January 7th.
* On Christmas, Buffy & John enjoyed their favorite Christmas present, skiing at Mountain Creek. It provided an opportunity to continue the tradition of giving cookies to our lift attendant friends as thanks for their friendship and help in making skiing fun at Mountain Creek. To view more photos click HERE.
* Mountain Creek opened on Sunday, December 18, 2022 and we were there to say "Hi" to our MC friends and ride the 1st chair on the Sugar Slope again. We then visited MC South to celebrate the opening there.
* Buffy & John check out snow making and get in line to ride 1st chair at the season opening of Mountain Creek. They get their 2022-23 ski season Mountain Creek season lift passes and are ready to ski.
* We are waiting for Mother Nature to provide the temperatures needed to blow snow at Mountain Creek. To try to get in shape for the ski season we visited BIGSnow on Wednesday, November 30th with our ski buddy Rich Calak and wrote a newspaper article about our visit. We celebrated the day with an adult beverage or two and pizza at our favorite watering hole Toney's Pizza on Route 23 in Stockholm.
* Buffy & John Spent another wonderful Thanksgiving at the home of Buffy's sister Arlene & Jeff Santora with family. The food was delicious and we are thankful for all the blessing enjoyed.
Ire Vernon friends gathered for Urll Fest to invoke the power of the Nordic God of Winter Urll and to support the Joseph P. Hession Foundation on Saturday, November 13, 2022. Read the posting by the Advertiser News.
* We enjoyed a wonderful 15 days in our favorite vacation site, St. John. The weather was perfect, our home away from home was cozy thanks to our hosts, the Phillips, the snorkeling with our fish friends and partying.
* In an attempt to begin to prepare for the upcoming ski season Buffy & John went on a ski trip to BIGSnow to do some warm-up runs. John also took some photos of their visit along with a visit to the McAfee Ski Shop to be used to support a newspaper article in the Advertiser News entitled "Skiers & Snowboarders Get Ready for the 2022-23 Ski Season" published online & in print. Check it out! Click on the title hypertext.
* If you know a woman who might enjoy golf give her the gift of John's 15th book "The Women's Guide to Learning to Play Golf for Fun!". The book was written to provide women, wives, and girlfriends who may wish to join their friends, husbands, and boy friends for a fun round of golf. The book details how to make learning to play golf easy and fun. The book is available online at Lulu.com in paperback and eBook editions.
Interested a personal or business web site. ClickHERE. Copyright 1998 © Dr. John T. Whiting/E-BMC E-Business Management Consulting