Visit Some of the Fun of Events of Past Years by Clicking on the Links Below:Summer Events of 2015 Events of 2007
*Buffy's 2004 NASTAR Ski Racing Ranking
*John's 2004 NASTAR Ski Racing Ranking
Go for it!
"Another Rotten Day in Heaven. Some Body Has to Do It So It Might As Well Be Us!"
To share an idea or comment with Buffy & John click HERE!
Fun Events of 2013 & Winter 2014
It was a GREAT year and a GREAT winter - one of the best ever!
* On "April Fools Day" 2014 Buffy and John reached 100 days on snow at Mountain Creek, the best ski season in recent memory. A trip to Camelback Ski Reosrt on April 5th made the total for the year 101. They hope to make a trip to Belleayre Ski Resort on April 10th and 11th to bring the final total to 103. It has been a fun year!
Ski Season On Snow Report for Buffy & John
Hidden Valley Club Camelback Ski Resort Mountain Creek Belleayre Mountain Ski Area Total Days on Snow 2013-2014 Ski Season 0 1 100 0 101 2012-2013 - Ski Season 0 0 85 6 91 2011-2012 - Ski Season 61 0 8 10 79 2010 - 2011 - Ski Season 75 0 9 13 97 2009-2010 - Ski Season 85 0 3 8 96
* Buffy and John were invited by friend Charles Blier, the General Manager of Camelback Ski Resort to ski and gather information about the Camelback Adaptive Ski Program on Saturday, April 5th. John is hoping to provide information to Mountain Creek that will result in the development of an Adaptive Ski Program for special skiers in the Vernon area. The photos below are of that visit.
Buffy & John in the Camelback Lodge
Buffy & John with friend Charles Blier, Camelback General Manager
Buffy & Charles with ex-Hidden Valley friend Kieth
* We ended our ski season at Mountain Creek - South with friends on the snow and toasting the Mountain Creek staff, the mountain, a great ski season and our friend Steve Kroeger's birthday. It was a fun way to end a great ski season at Mountain Creek. More photos on Facebook. A trip to Camelback on Saturday still remains.
Joe, Buffy, Tony, John, Steve and Mike on the top of the Bear Lift
Mike, Teresa, Steve, Steve, Jim, Patrick, Buffy, Tim & John toast MC
Ted, Lori's friend, Buffy, John & Lori enjoy the day on the deck
* The ski season has been a blast. Buffy and John skied with friends Steve and Martha at Mt. Creek - South. Steve took the picture. The Spring Fling Pond Skim on Sunday, March 23rd was also fun. John's pictures of the Pond Skimming can be viewed by clicking HERE.
Buffy & John on lift at Mt. Creek South - March, 2014
Pat, Bob & Buffy at Mt Creek Pond Skimming
Buffy with ski buddies Phil, Jimbo and Bernhard at Pond Skim
* The February 13th snow storm buried our little snow man snow measuring man. Buffy let's him know we haven't forgotten him.
Our snow measuring Snow Man last year shows 4" of snow.
Our snow measuring Snow Man is just visible after the snow storm of February 13th.
* Denise and our new friend Debbie jointed us at Mt. Creek on Sunday, February 9, 2014. It was fun!
Buffy, Debbie, John & Denise in back of the Red Tail Lodge at Mountain Creek
* Mountain Creek held a Super Snow Bowl Event over the Super Bowl Weekend. The event was highlighted by a field goal kicking contest with an opportunity for a successful kick to earn $10,000. We photographed the event and produced a newspaper article for the local news papers. To view all the photos of this fun event click HERE to go to Buffy & John's Facebook. Enjoy!
Mountain Creek Event Organizers & Buffy point at goal that must be cleared for $10,000
The kick is online but falls short of the bar. No $10,000 but he did win a Season Pass.
* Buffy and John skied on Christmas and kept up a tradition of giving the lift operators at Mountain Creek homemade cookies in appreciation for their work in making skiing fun during the winter season. Santa was on hand to enjoy a day of relaxation after delivering toys to children all around the world.
* Buffy and John celebrated Thanksgiving with Buffy's family at sister Irene's home in West Saugerties. It was lots of fun as the photo below documents. The following Saturday, November 30th, the Mountain Creek Ski area opened, the earliest opening in recent memory. Buffy & John were on hand to celebrate the event. Daughter Denise and husband Patrick hosted the traditional "Whiting Family" Holiday dinner. We are ending the year with a BANG!
Thanksgiving celebrated with Buffy's Family hosted by sister Irene (middle sitting)
Opening day at Mountain Creek with the Thanksgiving Turkey and friends
Whiting Family Christmas Party hosted by daughter Denise & husband Patrick
* We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary with a 10 honeymoon on St John in the US Virgin Islands. The trip was wonderful and we snorkeled every day and met a lot of new friends. The photos below tell part of the story. "Friends" can login and see all of photos on Buffy and John WhitingFacebook.
Buffy & John at their favorite spot on Hawksnest Bay.
Buffy & John taking a break from snorkeling to pose on the Hawksnest Bay beach
Buffy & John with Nicki, the owner of the Beach Bar (back) & friends
Buffy & John with newly weds from Colorado, Christen, the owner of Asolar Restaurant and a favorite bartender at the Beach Bar on Cruz Bay.
Buffy & John with a couple of friends just before their departure for a 4 day cruise of the Virgin Islands in a 40 foot catamaran.
Buffy & John with new friend Jazmine, one of the participants in the boat Poker Run between island bars to support breast cancer research.
* The golf season is rapidly coming to an end. However we continue to enjoy playing on the weekend and in local golf tournaments. Both Buffy & John qualified for the Crystal Springs Member Appreciation Championship played October 9th. We also meet some great people on the golf course. Sunday October 6th was no exception when we met and played with a very nice couple from Japan, Tatsuya Nakamura & Isi.
Buffy & John with teammates Pete DeGraff and Steve Van Dyk qualified for the Championship at the 5th Member Appreciation Tournament at Great Gorge Country Club
Buffy & John with golf buddies, Tatsuya Nakamura & Isi at the beautiful par 3 7th hole at the Wild Turkey Golf Club
* Buffy & John played golf with a nice golfer by the name of Barry who is working on the construction of the Pipe Line. The week also marked the publication of the Preliminary Edition of John's book "The Search for the 50 Most Beautiful Golf Holes in New Jersey" in eBook format so it can be purchased from Barnes & Nobel, Amazon.com and Lulu.com at a nominal price for those who enjoy learning more about golf and New Jersey golf courses. To learn more click HERE or on the image of the book below:
Buffy & John with new friend Barry at the "signature" 11th hole of Crystal Springs Golf Club
Preliminary Edition available in eBook format. Click image!
* Buffy & John played in a 9 & Dine at NJ's #1 Public Golf Course - The Ballyowen Golf Club with two nice ladies. They competed in a four player Team Scramble and ended up with a score of 4 under par 32 which was good enough to win the event and earn a prize of a free round of golf at Ballyowen and a quality golf pick. The photos below are of the winners. Others have been posted on Facebook.
The 9 & Dine Winners: Hannah, Buffy, John & JoAnn
A beautiful Ballyowen sunset added to the fun of the event
Buffy tees off on hole nine to complete the win
* Buffy & John always tend to bring members of their foursome good luck. That was the case on Sunday, July 14, 2013 when they teamed up with Gloria and Jack Grumet for a round of golf at Wild Turkey Golf Club. On the 135 yard par 3 10th hole Gloria hit a perfect tee shot that landed on the front of the green and tracked straight to the pin for her 2nd hole-in-one. Needless to say we celebrated at the 19th hole.
Gloria points at her hole-in-one on the 10th hole - Wild Turkey
John, Jack, Gloria & Buffy pose by the 10th green
Jack, Gloria, John & Buffy celebrate Gloria's hole-in-one
* Buffy & John missed the traditional Cape Cod Invitational Golf Classic for the 1st time in 11 years due to obligations to photograph and play in the Crystal Springs Birdies & Brews Golf Tournament and the Father's Day Parent/Junior event. But we continue to have fun on the golf course.
Buffy & John sample a Brew at the Crystal Springs Brew & Birdies Event served by Whitney
Buffy & John celebrate a fun day with Nick & Jordan and the Ballyowen bag piper Sandy
* The fun contnues in June for Buffy & John. Golf with their ski/golf buddy Jack & a visit to the Grandchildren to watch Meredith and Lili play for the Longhill Township championship. They did not win but it was sure fun watching the girls play (and Reilly too earlier in the month).
* You know spring has sprung when attention turns to the Hidden Valley Closed Investigational Golf Classic. This year was the 19th Annual, held on Saturday, May 18th at Hidden Acres Golf Course and the Flatbrook Tap House. Click HERE to see the photos on Facebook.
We done good! The 5th Championship for Team Whiting: Bill Emrey, Rick Hyer, Elaine, Buffy & John
Joined by 35 of our closest ski, golf & partying friends for a fun day on the course & at the Flatbrook Tap House
* Mother Nature has provided us with good conditions to enjoy skiing this season. We have been skiing with our friends at Mountain Creek since Hidden Valley Management has changed its priorities and is no longer committed to opening all trails to guarantee visitors a fun ski experience. We continue to hope for a ski season better than last year. We are reporting our total days skiing on the chart below. Come join the fun!
Ski Season On Snow Report for Buffy & John
Hidden Valley Club Mountain Creek Belleayre Mountain Ski Area Total Days on Snow This 2012-2013 - Ski Season 0 73 7 90 2011-2012 - Ski Season 61 8 10 79 2010 - 2011 - Ski Season 75 9 13 97 2009-2010 - Ski Season 85 3 8 96
* Buffy & John spent their last 3 days of sking at their home away from home ski area, Belleayre Mountain in Highmount New Your. It snowed on the first day and the 2nd two days were outstanding "spring skiing". As usual they stayed at the Catskill Seasons Inn, had one of Chalgo's super dinners on Wednesday, and a romantic dinner at the Peek-a-Moose on Thursday.
Buffy & John with Belleayre Mountain Park Ranger Buddy & Mountain Manager. Thanks!
Buffy & John "Toast the Mountain" following a great day of skiing at Belleayre Mountain.
* John celebrated his birthday with family at one of his favorite restaurants, Portofino's on Berkshire Valley Road. Sister Anne made a delicious birthday cake. The celebration included Buffy because her birthday is March 14th. Another excuse to party. Al took the group photo.
John & Buffy celebrating their birthdays with family & Mendi & Nancy from Portoginos. It was fun!
Sister Anne backed this delicious birthday cake. Thanks Anne!
* Mother Nature has provided great weather to blow snow and get all of the slopes open at Mountain Creek. We have been enjoying skiing on a daily basis with our "Creek" friends, but miss our buddies at Hidden Valley. A newspaper article was written about our adventures. If it is published we will post it on this web site.
Buffy & John wait for first tracks at Mountain Creek
Buffy & John with Coach Shone and his Mountain Creek Racers
Buffy & John with long time ski buddy and racing legend Bernard Osen
* We were at Mountain Creek for its opening on Saturday, December 29th and photographed the event including some of our lift attendent friends and season pass holders looking for their first runs of the year. John wrote a newspaper article about the Mountain Creek opening which was published in the AIM newspaper. You can read the article by clicking HERE. Enjoy the skiing - see you on the slopes.
1st on the lift for the 2013 ski season at Mountain Creek
Buffy and Bob Fassee just before the Grand Opening for 2013
John & Buffty with Mountian Creek friends ready to kick off the ski season
Our snow man snow fall gauge shows we got just about 3 inches of snow
Just a bit more snow and we would be able to ski our of our back door. Not long now.
Background photo "Buffy & John on the slopes at Belleayre Ski Resort" taken by Dr. John T. Whiting
Hidden Valley Ski Area Mountain Creek Ski Area Woodstock 99 Story Hidden Valley Closed Golf Outing Jim Elwell/White Trash Estates Crystal Springs Golf Reserve Poppa Lou Golf Classic The Sue and Brad Whiting Family Golf Event Photos E-Business Management Waterville Valley Ski Resort The Vernon Advocate John Sheehan
Interested a personal or business web site. ClickHERE. Copyright 1998 © Dr. John T. Whiting/E-BMC E-Business Management Consulting
All Rights Reserved
Last modified: January 7, 2013