What follows is a series of suggested activities for those interested in furthering their immortality work this year.
Before you start you need to be aware of several things:
1. The approach to physical immortality outlined here is a spiritual one. It presupposes that you are able to acknowledge that there is more to the Universe and reality than what is seen, and that there is a Divine Purpose to it all. There are no Immortals who are atheists. Immortality always has been and always will be a spiritual pathway Open solely to those who are Pure in Heart. We hear of the Quest for the Holy Grail; Elixir of Life; Fountain of Youth; Philosopher’s Stone; Nirvana; Great Work etc. – all are synonyms for the Immortal Pathway. And as with all truly spiritual pathways there are no short cuts. There are no recipes for ‘fast food’ physical immortality. There is the long way, or the long way.
2. Don’t be deceived by the apparent simplicity of the exercises and information about immortality on this site. The Immortal Pathway is obviously the most difficult of all spiritual pathways to pursue, which is why there are so few immortals around today. Although there are no exact figures (no one keeps a register of Immortals), in a world of 6 billion people immortals must total less than 0.001 per cent, if that. Hardly enough to make a dent in the Culture of Death that is prevalent upon the planet.
3. The phrases "Physical Immortality" and "Everlasting Life" as used here refer to achieving bodily immortality while living upon the earth as a normal human being. There are no spaceships coming to take you to another planet to live out your everlasting years, no tenth dimension to disappear into because you're sick of the world, no land in the clouds where you'll sit around with others in your white robes twiddling your thumbs and mouthing hollow words. Through the Glorious process of Immortalisation the cells of your physical human body will resonate to a higher frequency until they are beyond corruption. Will you still wear clothes and walk with your feet on the ground? Probably.
4. "Immortals" refers to those few humans in history who have Mastered the Laws of Immortal Life. The most famous immortal of the last couple of millennia in the western world would be Jesus, and look how mortals treated him. This is one of the reasons why Immortals don’t appear in public, because they would be either worshipped or crucified. There is more resistance to the idea of immortals on the planet than there is to aliens in outer space.
5. It should be pointed out also that the Pathway of Everlasting Life is not about the preservation of the ego for all eternity. Immortals are insignificant to themselves. Physical Immortality is much more about achieving Union with God than with avoiding wrinkles. Nor is immortality about being in denial of death or afraid of death. The dissolution of the ego is the beginning of the Immortal Pathway.
6. Immortality is about self-reliance. It is a solitary path, not a “group thing”. If you’re not prepared to spend eternity without your friends and family then you’re in for a shock. This doesn’t mean that you won’t get to share your immortal journey with those you love, just that you should be emotionally, mentally, and spiritually free from the need to have others see and appreciate your point of view. You'll find it easier to navigate the immortal highway if you are focused on your relationship with God/the Divine.
7. It would be fair to say that people who have not yet discovered their Highest Purpose in life are unlikely to be interested in physical immortality. When you have discovered that unique something that only you can do - that Special Contribution to the World that is yours and yours alone to make – the notion that your time here is finite will not seem attractive at all. If you are here to serve the Divine – if your existence is dedicated to the fulfillment of the Divine Plan on Earth - then you will want to stick around for as long as possible. But a person who is bored, purposeless, and tired of life and living will find the idea of living forever a horrible one indeed.
8. Immortals have no interest in the subject of reincarnation. The purpose of Existence is to awaken and evolve to the Knowledge and Understanding of Everlasting Life. If you think about it, reincarnation is far more subjective and less provable than physical immortality. Anyone can say “I was so and so” in a previous life. Immortality is about who you are Now.
9. On the Immortal Pathway, when the Student is ready, the Teacher disappears...
Make a Holy Vow dedicating yourself to the Immortal Pathway. You may choose to compose your vow spontaneously, or take some time to write it down. It should be spoken aloud, preferably outdoors somewhere in nature, such as a forest, bushland, near the sea, a park, or even your back garden.
Stand or sit in a comfortable position. Close your eyes, take several deep breaths, and relax. Turn your awareness to the movements of the earth going on all around you.
Whether you choose to make your vow alone or in the company of others, remember that the Holy Vow is between you and the Divine. Accordingly, invite the Divine/God/Universal Intelligence to witness your vow.
Simple, or complex, say your vow with heart, with feeling – and mean every word you say.
THE HOLY GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST ACCORDING TO ST. JOHN
John, from The holy Bible, King James version
As with the Holy Bible, there are several translations of the Tao Te Ching. A couple of good online versions are S. Mitchell's translation Tao Te Ching, and Tao Te Ching - translation by John H. McDonald.
The Art of Everlasting Life by Robert Coon Buy this book
The Path of the Phoenix: The Spiritual Road to Physical Immortality by Robert Coon
Buy this book
Groundhog Day Director: Harold Ramis 1993
* * *
Keeping a journal or diary of your progress on the immortal pathway is invaluable. If things get tough your unique journal will remind you why you are doing all this and why you started in the first place, for despite the apparent simplicity of these exercises and suggestions the immortal pathway is the steepest, rockiest, and most difficult, of all spiritual pathways to walk. There are unseen snags, traps, and pitfalls awaiting you at every turn. The dominant culture on this planet is the Culture of Death. The greater the effort you put into dedicating yourself to the Pathway of Everlasting Life, the greater the resistance you will meet with…
In your immortal journal try and develop an Immortal viewpoint, regarding everything you do or think, in your daily life.
Only record thoughts and observations that are directly about physical immortality. Think of yourself as an Immortal now. In many different situations, ask yourself what an Immortal would think or do, and then do your best to act or think in that way.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - TV series available on DVD
Smallville "Hereafter" Episode 56
* * *
You need to be able to say that it is your True Will to be Immortal. You may know, in a deep, intuitive way, that this is your highest purpose. Or you might need to convince yourself by writing down as many good reasons for being physically immortal as you can. The essential thing here is to clarify and strengthen your Immortal Will until you are absolutely certain that it's the right choice for you.
The Immortal Director: Joseph Sargent 1969
* * *
Enjoy nature, and love the earth. Physical Immortality is, above all else, life on earth. It is the perfection of the relationship between yourself and the earth. Avoid all philosophies which are anti-earth, and try to tell you that the earth must be purified, destroyed, or transcended. The frequencies and qualities of everlasting life are a natural part of existence on earth.
Brigadoon Director: Vincente Minelli 1954
* * *
Set aside some time each week to develop your creativity. If you've always wanted to draw, paint, sing, write poetry, play a musical instrument, dance, take photographs, or do whatever creative activity appeals to you, then make time for it starting now. Immortality really comes alive when you give it a unique, individual expression. You will connect, on all levels, with physical immortality far more quickly if you make it the core of your creativity.
* * *
Also known as the 13 Steps to Immortality, the 13 Keys to Immortality can be read here. Make a thorough study of each one without fail. Mastery of all keys is essential for unlocking the Doors of the Immortal Pathway.
* * *
Immortals have projects that sometimes take centuries to complete. Have at least one major goal per decade, and one or two projects that you'll allow yourself half a century to complete.
* * *
Consider where you would like to be living one thousand years from now. The place you currently live in? The same neighbourhood? The same country? Imagine walking the same streets you walk today one thousand years from now... How might it all be different? What do you think will still be the same? Anything? Nothing perhaps - how would you feel about that? Tearful, sad... glad? Choose a place that has a positive meaning for you and make a vow to return to that special place 1000 years from now.
* * *
They could be favourites you are already familiar with, or new titles. Plan to read one or more from the list each year for the next ten centuries. Also, or as an alternative, make a list of 1000 movies you want to watch and do the same.
* * *
* * *
* * *
By investing your time in the Pathway of Life, remember that you are making the greatest contribution that an individual can make to building a better world for all beings.
The real tests of a person’s dedication to the Immortal Pathway come 24 hours a day for the rest of Eternity. Be mindful that the Immortal Pathway is the straightest and narrowest of roads you will every walk, run, drive... and someday fly upon. Signposts abound everywhere, and some lead to Dead Ends – literally. Tread cautiously, with an open heart and innocence as your shield, and the Angels of the Divine will light a candle now and then to Illuminate your Way. The rest is up to you.
What is your highest dream for the world, for the universe?
“The divine origin in people is liberated more and more. And this will change our world.” Tolstoy
Copyright © 2007-2021 Alma Tyme and Mort Numore
All rights reserved.