To Sum Up
It is simple, you, if you are in a band, or even if you play an instrument, you -- your band -- could not possibly destroy music the way Nirvana has. If you work in the music business and are an entreprenuer, trying to create more trash like the Backstreet Boys, you still would not be able to come close to doing the damage that Nirvana has done.
What would you have to do to be as smelly, gooey, pre-processed lost cookies as Nirvana was?
1. Upon recording your first lp, you would have to hate your music so much, that you would only spend $600 and some odd cents to record it. In other words, your music is completely meaningless to you, that you can't spend enough on your recordings to do it properly... at least make sure there are no mistakes.
2. Upon recording your second lp, you become "bored" with your own music, so much so upon only doing 3 takes (can you count that high?????????)... Kurt said it best... "I did allow the record (Nevermind) to be produced cleaner and more commercial than I wanted it to be. I don't know what the reasoning for that was, besides, just being dead tried of hearing the same songs. We'd try re-mixing it three times and we rang this mixologist to do it, by that point I was so tired of hearing the songs, I said 'go ahead, do whatever you want'."
3. You would have to knowingly plagiarize others and never admit it.
4. You would have to commercialize, and then deny your commercialization, but do everything in your power to maintain commercialism... such as making 4 videos from your second lp, and constant touring... etc.
5. Upon being bored with your own material very early, thus having serious lack of creativity to branch out, you would obviously have no care in the world of your music or any attempt whatsoever to become better at your craft.
6. Upon being bored with ANY form of art, you can hardly have any passion for it whatsoever. Thus, your music becomes unintentionally ridiculious and laughable.
7. You, would upon recording you third lp, claim to loathe the concept of money, yet pay a reported $1,000,000 to a well named producer.
Conclusion: Nirvana, without a doubt is the worst band there ever was, and hopefully will ever be. You couldn't do all of these things... awfulness at it's finest... after all, you do have some integrity... don't you???????? well, it is my sincere hopes that you do.
Why did I make this page?
What makes a great band great?
The one, the only, the plagerists... Nirvana!!!!!!!!!!
Generally, to whom does or did Nirvana appeal to?
Did Nirvana stick to their principles?
Comparing great "alternative" bands and artists to Nirvana
Comparing moronic and bad, and awful, and trashy, and useless, and worthless bands and artists to that moronic and bad, and awful, and trashy, and useless, and worthless band Nirvana
What does the music mean to the listeners/ author???????????????
Please do not tell me that I don't get it... I do get it just fine. Thank you very much.
Is there a future without Nirvana?
To sum up...
Sign My Guestbook View My Guestbook