Cooley High Online: King
These two images taken from Fun Lovin Criminals.com
Click to enlarge images, then press 'back' on your browser to return to this page.
If you have any CH live pics that I haven't, please send them in
. You WILL be credited.
So what do you know?
Bill Clinton is allergic to chocolate. (Hey, me too Bill! But only to chocolate flavouring!)
It is illegal for a taxi in the UK to travel without a bale of hay in it (thanks Sam!).
In Arizona, it is illegal to let a donkey sleep in a bathtub.
Murder is not illegal in the UK, but is only a criminal offence due to a legal precedent...
I meant about King...
Oh right. Here you go then ('Just the facts Jack, just the facts...')
Maui Homicide Captures
King is from Brooklyn. (I can see the 'King of New York' feature articles now.)
- His lifetime ambition is to appear on Jeopardy.
- King shares management with a band called Fun Lovin'Criminals...never heard of them myself...try this link PFLC.
- He is a good friend of Huey Morgan (FLC) and is in a blues band with him (fingers...pies...):
I have a friend who's a really good guitar player [just one?] and is actually the singer of the band (Kooly High [sic]) who're supporting us on this tour. Along with a couple of other guys, we've thrown together this blues band and we do blues versions of She Blinded Me With Science and stuff like that and I'm the lap steel player.
--- From an interview with HM in Guitarist magazine, May 2001
- Oh and Huey also thanked King on the sleeve notes to Planet Groove: The Huey Session [reduced to clear in an HMV near you...]:
'To all you crazy kids,
When Mastercuts asked me to consider this compilation, I was brought back to my youth in the Lower East Side of New York City's Manhattan Island. The time line seems unimportant. What I remember most is the music. If you are like me, music is the ocean in which waypoints are set to chart the course of our lives [been reading that Buddhist philosophy again?!]. This collection of songs, hand-picked by me, tells a story of a young man and his eclectic environment. Some songs are more familiar than others, but don't worry. Buy this record, Mastercuts wouldn't fuck around when it comes to celebrity endorsed compilations. Trust me, this recording will bring you joy and solace for years to come.
Your friend with weed, Huey (Maui, September 2000)
Thankyou to King...[for rolling another fat one?!]'
- King looks a lot like that guy in Pulp Fiction who wears the check shirt and owns a shop. Don't know the character's name but he's the one who isn't 'Z' and is in the scene with Butch and Marsellus and that weird leather guy who is kept in a box. Mail me if you know the character's name. I watched it again yesterday but frankly I CBA remembering where I put the video.
- Ray, source of much random trivia noticed he's in the FLC Korean Bodega vid too. As sax player 'Lionel Spoon', who mutters the not yet immortal lines, 'Fun Lovin' Criminals? I'm not too sure about those guys. I used to be in the band. They call me up an hour before the show saying I'm not in the band. I'm not in the band?!'
(Incidentally 'Trivia' is Spanish for 'where three roads meet' or something...[useful for Jeopardy maybe King?] I dunno, I did German 'Wie komme ich am besten zum Flughafen?' 'Sunderland AFC sind einfach den besten' 'Ist das eine scheisse am der schuh?' Apologies for grammar...)
- King and Huey look bizarrely alike.
- Completely forgot but King's in the FLC movie, Maui Homicide 2000, now available on DVD. He plays 'local smart ass'. Or something. He gets shot. It's funny. He drives the car cos FLC are incapable of using the 'parking brake'. It's funny. There are no monkeys on Maui. Evil does not wear a bonnet.
Thanks to Dumbass
| Home |
| Latest News |
| Info |
| King |
| Mateo DiFontaine |
| Mr G |
| Rich |
| Gigs |
| Reviews etc... |
| CH/FLC Inspired Madness |
| Water Rats Gig Pics |
| Barfly Pics |
| Bulldog Bash Pics |
| Links |