Annette Phelps Lincoln Scholarship
Named in honor of the first president of the Ohio Federation of Women’s Clubs, this scholarship is available to graduating high school seniors to use in securing education in the teaching or library professions at an Ohio college or university of the student’s choice.
The student must be sponsored by a GFWC/Ohio Federation of Women’s Clubs per capita club and must be in the upper third of his or her graduating class.REQUIRED MATERIAL-CAREFULLY FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Assemble the six pieces of required materials listed below. These six pieces constitute a complete file. Any omission(s) automatically disqualifies the applicant.
Return file to your guidance counselor at a date set by Guidance Department in conjunction with the sponsoring club.
1. Completed and signed Annette Phelps Lincoln Scholarship Application Form.
2. Copy of completed GFWC/Ohio Federation of Women’s Club Supplemental Questionnaire.
3. Copy of letter of acceptance from an Ohio college or university on official school
4. Letter written by applicant establishing proof of financial need, including any financial aid applied for and being received. Please do not send the FAFSA.
5. An official SIGNED copy of the student’s transcript which must include class rank and grade point average provided by counselor. Students must be in the upper one-third of their class. Include ACT or SAT scores if available.
6. Letter of recommendation from counselor, high school principal, administrator or teacher.
SPONSORING CLUB: Attach a letter from a club officer or club scholarship chairman to endorse this student. Give a character reference, unusual financial obligations, chronic illness or disabilities within the family, work experience of the applicant, etc. Sign the student’s submitted application form and include club’s name, city, and district. Use the checklist on a previous page to ensure a successful completion of the submission process.
Immediately following the GFWC Annual Meeting (Convention), the Chairman of the Scholarship Board of Trustees will notify those students receiving scholarships as well as the sponsoring clubs. Checks will be mailed by the Treasurer of the GFWC/Ohio Federation of Women’s Clubs no later than September 1 to those receiving scholarships.
Applicant must notify the GFWC/Ohio Federation of Women’s Clubs Scholarship Board of Trustees Chairman by June 30 of decision to accept/reject the scholarship.