The tasks in this WebQuest are designed to allow
students to do 4 things:
1. To learn to identify a Logical
Fallacy and use this knowledge on Advertising Images to combat their
2. To become aware of the power a few
big companies have and to consider the dangers of this.
3. To develop the critical skill to
recognize subversive "under-the-radar" Advertisment goals.
4. To develop the ability to synthesize
knowledge into cohesive units of understanding.
- Individual notes should be taken
during all videos and during all discussions.
- These tasks should be completed in
the classroom as a group except when individual work is suggested due
to time limits.
- Each task has an estimated time
frame listed below.
|1 & 2
|3 & 4
- 3 hrs.
- 3 hrs.
- 2 hrs.
- 4 hrs.
ALL TASKS WILL
REQUIRE A 56K/DSL EQUIPPED COMPUTER
TASK 3 & 4 & 5
- Worksheet (Appeal to Motive)
- Various Magazines (Sports, Fashion/Style,
- Worksheet (Me and the Big 5)
- RealPlayer One or Windows Media Player
- 4 Pairs of Headphones and a 4-way mini-jack
signal spliter (go to Radioshack) or
- Multimedia Speakers
- Copies of Video Transcript
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Subsciption to almost any ClipArt/Stock