More Interesting Tips
- The guidelines leave room for creativity.
- Ready made textbooks are finite.
- There is no convincing evidence that the adopted method is the best.
- Not anything planned can go taught and not anything taught can go learnt; other factors are at play which do effect the learning outcome.
- What really determines the learning outcome is not weather the textbook is audio-lingual, functional notional or else, it is the teacher's approach to the text book which makes it communicative or non-communicative.
- Hence, the importance of the language classroom as the real source of information.
- "...in order to help our learners learn, it is not the latest method that we need, but rather a fuller understanding of the language classroom and what goes on there." Allright, D. & Bailey (1991)
- A question not answered is not useful.
- Lost time is never found.