- L1: refers to the first language (mother tongue).
- L2: usually refers to the second language.
- LEP: Low English Proficiency.
- CALL: Computer Assisted Language Learning.
- TESL: Teaching English as a Second Language.Read >>
- TEFL: Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
- TESOL: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
- TEYL: Teaching English to Young Learners.
- TOEFL: Test of English as a Foreign Language.
- CLT: Communicative Language Teaching.
- CBI: Content Based Instruction.
- EGP: English For General Purposes.
- ESP: English For Specific Purposes. Read >>
- ELSA: English Language Skills Assessment.
- CPD: Continuous Professional Development.
IB: International Baccalaureate.
ODL: Open and Distant Learning.
OU: Open University.
TEAL: Teaching English as an Additional Language.
TEIL: Teaching English as an International Language.
TESP: Teaching English for Specific Purposes.
TEVAC: Teaching English for Vacation and Activity Courses.
TENOR: Teaching English for No Obvious Reason. Read >>
TENOP: Teaching English for No Obvious Purpose.
TENAR: Teaching English for No Apparent Reason.
TOEIC: Test of English for International Communication.
TPR: Total Physical Response.
BAC: Behavior Adjustment Class.
TTT: Teacher Talking Time.
K.I.S.S: Keep It Short and Simple.