Group photo at the Dedication of the 23rd PA Monument in August of 1886 on Culp's Hill in Gettysburg Pennsylvania. Notice at the top of the monument originally sat a highly polised stack of Cannonballs which were removed in 1888.
Glass plate photo of the Dedication in 1886. The men stand proudly in front of the monument with thier Flags.Notice at the top of the monument originally sat a highly polished stack of Cannonballs which were removed in 1888.
Survivors of Company C visit the Monument just after it's rededication in 1888. The Cannonballs at the top were replacewith a statue of a "Birney Zouave" after the city of Philadelphia and The Survivors raised $15,000 in funds.
The wives of the Survivors and "Ladies of Philadelphia" stand for a photo in front of the monument in 1888 shortly after it's rededication. A few children, quite possibly children of the 23rd Survivors can also be seen.
The 23rd Pennsylvania Survivors on August 5th 1886 dedicating their monument. This photo was taken before the Cannonball topped monument was unveiled. Notice the American Flag still draped over the monument. Special Thanks to Howard Mason and Sue Boardman for the photo.
This is a photo of the 23rd PA Surviors at the Rededication of the 23rd PA Monument in Gettysburg on June 12th 1888 at Culp's Hill.