Rules & Regulations
Links and Rings
E-mail the GM
Cardinal RulesThese rules come before all other things. If you have a question about the rules, refer to these.
- The Game Master (GM) is god as far as this game goes. All decisions by the GM are final. Don't try to contradict the GM; it's not healthy. ^_^
- Roleplay is everything. If you have to bend the rules a little in order to stay in character (i.e. your character is a thief) then roleplay like your life depends on it.
Law of the Land
Because we don't want this chat to degrade into a cesspool of debauchery (well, any more than normal for an Evangelion chat) we have a few very simple rules that everyone must follow. These are very similar to the laws that you follow in real life.
- Murder: Very simple. Don't kill people. It's very frustrating to have your character get killed after you've put so much time into creating it. The only real exception I can think of is killing an Angel in human form. Angels are temporary characters anyway, and they are supposed to get killed.
- Rape: Also simple; Don't ever try this, period. If you do, I'll probably get together an angry mob that will beat the crap out fo your character. Then I'll decide if you can continue to play. Repeat offenders will probably be asked to leave and not return. I have a real problem with rapists, even if it's only a game.
- Theft: This is sort of a gray area for me, so I'm going to approach this from a different angle. Theft is always illegal, but sometimes it is neccesary. An example would be if your character is a pickpocket by trade. In this situation, I would let you continue your thievery for as long as it doesn't get out of hand.
Here is a list of things that I find very annoying in an RPG chat. These are things that only warrent strict consequences if they are repeated continuously.
This should be about it as far as rules go. Just don't go overboard with your behavior and you should be just fine.
- Out Of Character (OOC): Annoying in the extreme, unless you have a good reason to be OOC (i.e. drugs, psychological trauma, etc). Just dont let it get out of hand.
- Lewd sex: Not everyone wants to read about all the details. If you absolutely must have sex with another character, first make sure it's consentual (refer to rapist rule) and when you get down to the act itself, be vague. I'm sure that we all have enough imagination to fill in the blanks.
- Swearing: I really don't have a problem with swearing, as long as it doesn't happen every other word. Not only is that exsessive, but gratuitous as well. Don't swear just to swear, just use it for emphasis upon occasion.