SAMPLE CONTRACT FOR A PET/ BREEDING DOG/PUPPY
agreement is made and entered into this ______ day of ___________ ______
______by and between ____Northwind
Sierra Mist _________________
Dam AKC #________________________
For $__$1000.00____, the seller agrees to sell and the buyer agrees to purchase a female_____, male _____ companion puppy from the litter described above subject to the following terms.
Seller warrants that the above described puppy/dog is a purebred PEKINGESE
2. Seller warrants that the above-described puppy/dog is in good health at the time Buyer assumes ownership. Buyer agrees to have the puppy examined by a licensed Veterinarian within seven (7) days (not including weekends and holidays) of receipt of puppy/dog.
If, as a result of the examination, the Veterinarian determines that the puppy/dog is not in good health then the Buyer shall elect to keep the puppy/dog or return the puppy/dog to the Seller for a refund. If the buyer elects to return the puppy, Buyer shall, within 10 days after the date of the signing of this contract, send to Seller by certified mail a written Veterinarian's certificate stating that the puppy/dog was in ill health when examined. Upon receipt by Seller of said certificate, Buyer shall be obligated to return the puppy/dog to Sellers. Upon receipt of the puppy/dog, the Seller shall be obligated to refund all monies received from Buyer toward the purchase price of the puppy/dog, and further performance under this contract shall be null and void. All action taken to return the puppy/dog shall be done with the best interest of the puppy/dog in mind include temperature at time of shipment, non-stop flights,
3. Seller warrants that the puppy/dog sold hereunder is progeny of animals x-rayed and certified clear of hip dysplasia. If said puppy/dog develops hip dysplasia within 12 months from date of birth, the Buyer may return the dog to Seller and will receive a replacement puppy/dog of like quality from the next available litter.
If Buyer chooses a replacement puppy/dog, Buyer and Seller shall make prompt arrangements within 10 days of receipt of certified letter and Veterinarian certification for return of the puppy/dog sold herein to Sellers place of business. Buyer shall be responsible for taking good and reasonable care of the puppy/dog until Seller receives it. Costs and related expenses of returning the puppy/dog to Seller shall be the obligation of the Buyer
4. Ownership of the puppy/dog will be transferred to the Buyer for the sale price of $_________ to be paid as follows: $_____deposit on execution of the Agreement with the balance of $______ to be paid on or before the puppy/dog leaves the Sellers premises. If the balance is not paid by _________________, this Agreement shall be cancelled and the Buyer forfeits the deposit given hereunder.
5.If Buyer requests delivery, it shall be by airfreight, to a designated location. Buyer is responsible for costs of insurance during shipment, and cost of freight charges.
6. If the Seller has determined that the puppy/dog is of "pet quality" and is not suitable for breeding. In such case, Seller shall provide Buyer with Limited Registration Certificate.
Seller has determined this puppy is of
Pet__X__: Breeding____: Show Prospect____: Show Quality___.
7. Seller agrees to refund to buyer the sum of $30.00 upon receipt of evidence from a licensed Veterinarian that the puppy/dog has been spayed/neutered if sold under a spay/neutered contract.
8. If this puppy is to be used at “Any” time for breeding the buyer is required to register the puppy and is required that the Puppy/dog will carry the _________NorthWind’s_________ kennel name within it’s registered name.
9. Buyer agrees that he/she is not acting as an agent in the purchase or this puppy/dog and that Buyer will not sell this puppy/dog or its progeny to any agent, pet store or guard dog business.
10. Buyer agrees that if it becomes necessary to sell or otherwise dispose of this puppy/dog, Buyer will notify the Seller before taking such action so that the puppy may, at the Sellers' option, be re-purchased by the Seller at the original sale price. Upon notification, the Seller shall have 15 working days to exercise said re-purchase option. Exercise shall be notice in writing sent to Buyer.
11. Buyer agrees that the puppy will reside at the home of the Buyer, have access to a fenced yard, not be chained or tethered, and will be provided with proper housing, a good quality diet, annual shots and exercise. Buyer also agrees that this puppy/dog will not be used as a guard dog for any business.
This Agreement is made and signed by both parties to insure the well being and protection of this puppy/dog. If the Buyer breaches any part of this Agreement, the Seller is released from any obligations under this Agreement.
Seller ________________________________ Date: ____________________
Buyer: _________________________________Date: _____________________