to my ritual pages for Imbolc. These were especially challenging for me
to come up with, but I managed! I've included some lovely rituals that
I've found here and there, and few that are all my very own!
Thanks! Ravenna Angelline
Imbolc Circle Notes
- Use a brown altar cloth to symbolize the
Earth, and decorate with narcissus, daffodils, crocuses, hyacinths,
or other seasonal flowering bulbs. Anoint white candles with musk
oil and place them in ivy-covered candle rings. Burn Imbolc incense
incense recipes page!)
- After casting the Circle with the wand, use
the besom to sweep the perimeter. As you sweep, say:
- With this besom filled with power,
Sweep away the old and sour. Sweep away the chill of death, As
winter draws its last cold breath. Round, round, round about,
Sweep the old and useless out!"
- After libation, bless the candles
for the coming months saying:
- "I bless thee creatures of wax and
light, and cast out negativity. Serve your pupose, flaming
bright, infused with magick, you shall be. Instruments of light
and strength, wic and wax though you may be, I give you life of
needed length. To aid in creativity!"
- Continue circle in the normal manner.
Imbolc Celebration Ideas
Turn on all the lights in the house for a few moments to guide
the path of spring. If you like, burn a votive candle in each
- Tie three small ears of corn together with a white satin
ribbon, then wrap the bundle in a white doily to represent Brid.
Use a clear quartz crystal point to represent the Young Lord. As
you place them in the basket, say:
- "The Maid and Lord now bring us light, The winter
dies, and all is bright! And as They lie in bed so near, The
frozen ground does disappear - For Their love brings
fertility, To the Earth again; so mote it be!"
- Burn all evergreen decorations from the Yule ritual. This
ensures good luck in the coming year.
- Tie small bundles of straw together with pieces of black
ribbon. Name each bundle for something you want to remove from
your life, then burn it in the cauldron.
- After libation, walk outdoors for a few moments. Remember
the warmth of spring. Then trace the male and female symbols
(the symbols for Mars and Venus) on the ground and enclose them
in a circle, say:
- "Encased in Sun, Your light shall shine, And guide
the spring toward greening time. And as your hearts both
melt in love, To light grows stronger from above."