Farsi poetry Hindi
Brief Chronology of Khusrau's
Life & Times
(All dates are in A.D.,
and are approximate)
- circa 1100
- Birth of Moinuddin Chishti who brought Chishtia sufi order to India
- Khusrau's father Amir Saifuddin migrates from Transoxiana to Delhi
- circa 1250
- Birth of Nizamuddin Aulia at Badayun (now in Uttar Pradesh)
- Khusrau is born in village Patiali, Etah (Uttar pradesh)
- Khusrau comes to Delhi with mother, after his father expires
- Khusrau stays with rich maternal grandfather (an Indian convert),
studies Farsi at maktab (school)
- First divan of poetry "Tuhfatus-Sighr" is compiled
- First job as court poet with King Balban's nephew Malik Chhajju
- Second job with Bughra Khan (Balban's son)
- Second divan Wastul-Hayat under process; Khusrau visits Bengal
- Employed with Sultan Mohammad (Balban's second son) and goes to
Multan with him
- As soldier, Khusrau participates in the war against invading Mongols,
is taken as prisoner, escapes.
- Kyqbad is the new king. Khusrau's Ghazals being sung in his court
- Khusrau goes to Awadh with Ameer Ali Hatim (another patron).
- His first historical Mathnavi Qiranus-Sa'dain is completed.
- Jalaluddin Feroz Khalaji in power. Khusrau's second mathnavi, Miftahul
Futooh is ready.
- Third divan "Ghurratul-Kamal" is complete.
- Alauddin Khalaji in power. Invasions of Davgiri and Gujarat.
- Khusrau completes Khamsa-e-Nizami
- Further attacks on Ranthambor, Chittor, Malwa etc. Khusrau remains
with the king for writing chronicles.
- Khusrau comes close to Nizamuddin Aulia, completes Khazain-ul-Futuh
- Alauddin Khalaji expires; Khusrau completes Mathnavi Duval Rani-Khizr
Khan (the romantic poem).
- Mubarak Khalaji is the king; fourth historical mathnavi Noh-Sepehr
- Mubarak Khalaji murdered; Ghayasuddin Tughlaq in power; Khusrau write
- Sultan Mohammad bin Tughlaq in power; Nizamuddin Aulia expires;
so does Khusrau after six months.
© Yousuf Saeed -- Contribute for our Cause