JAYNA M. BONDZELESKE
Has experience in the creation of a wide variety of graphic design products for both professional printing and the Internet. Also experienced in working as part of a retail sales team.
Proven Expertise In:
- Assembling images and text as directed by client, ensuring that the final product serves to communicate their desired message.
- Building products according to specifications of professional printers and the Internet, facilitating fast and accurate production of client's materials.
- Communicating effectiveness of design choices to both designers and non-designers.
- Effectively combining several design-oriented software programs, making use of the strengths of each in order to best minimize their weaknesses.
- Graduated from Loyola College Preparatory School (Shreveport, LA) in May 1999. Final GPA was 4.5.
- Certified in Digital Design from Sarasota County Technical Institute in April 2003.
- Cisco Certified Web Designer, certifed at Sarasota County Technical Institute in November 2002.
- Extensively trained in use of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe GoLive, and Quark Express.
- Served as an editor for online literary pieces, correcting both grammar and continuity with established plotlines.
- Can type approximately 130 words per minute.
- Well-versed in the artistic use of ink pen, ballpoint, Prismacolor colored pencils, and watercolor paints.
Awards and Publications:
- Completed set of hand-drawn images depicting the mascot of a local high school; these were used to illustrate the first edition of their yearbook.
References and Portfolio:
SAN FRANCISCO MUSIC BOX COMPANY
Retail chain selling musical gift items.
Sales Associate. Sarasota, FL (3/01-1/02).
- Gained an increased sense of the aesthetics of product presentation, and used this ability to create eye-catching arrangements of displayed merchandise.
- Single-handedly performed all necessary operations for the daily opening and closing of the store, including bank deposits and paperwork organization. Also processed sales, layaways, returns, and exchanges using a cash register.
- Custom-installed musical movements into a wide variety of wooden boxes. Occasionally performed minor repairs on broken or malfunctioning products.
- Improved ability to learn detailed information at a rapid pace. As a result, was able to provide customer service that was both fast and personalized.
- Assisted in the training of new employees by demonstrating the store's filing systems and cash register functions.
- Organized backstock according to product numbers. Also memorized the back-room layout well enough to locate specific items quickly.
Retail chain selling nature-related gift items.
Sales Associate. Sarasota, FL (9/00-3/01).
- Became especially proficient in fast, accurate cash register operation and rapid reorganization of displayed merchandise. See previous Natural Wonders employment for other duties.
Retail chain selling nature-related gift items.
Sales Associate. Orlando, FL (5/00-8/00).
- Provided highly personalized, detail-oriented customer service to individual shoppers. Also improved communication skills in order to transmit accurate product information to others.
- Used cash register to process sales, including payments with credit cards, checks, and gift certificates.
- Continually maintained store appearance throughout the day, and cleaned and straightened all display areas single-handedly during closing.
- Assisted in the complete inventory of all merchandise.
- Quickly gained large amount of product knowledge by listening to fellow employees and reading informative literature.
2ND LOGISTICS GROUP LAN OFFICE
Military office overseeing network servers for entire base.
Office Assistant. Barksdale AFB, LA (6/99-8/99).
- Expanded Formflow knowledge by filling in federal request and inventory forms. Organized large sets of these forms for ease of filing.
- Inventoried computer equipment by serial number, model, and item type, then organized that information into lists for distribution to other miliary groups.
- Designed a new set of full-color spine inserts for group regulations binders, using Microsoft Powerpoint and imported graphics.
- Reorganized two filing systems into a color-coded format.
- Packaged and mailed office equipment for return to company, and also transported packages and mail to and from other buildings on base.
- Sent and received faxes, answered phones, and distributed messages from callers.
Retail chain selling computer and console games and all related equipment.
Sales Associate. Bossier City, LA (10/98-1/99).
- Maintained alphabetical order of merchandise on shelves for ease of in-store title searches.
- Used computer database to track a wide variety of product information and memorized key facts about new hardware and software releases.
- Assisted customers in finding products, choosing between items based on the customer's personal needs.
- Used cash registers to process purchases with credit cards, checks, and cash.
2ND MAINTENANCE SQUADRON
Military squadron responsible for maintaining airplane-related machinery.
Volunteer Office Assistant. Barksdale AFB, LA (6/98-8/98).
- Performed general word processing using Microsoft Word. Also prepared and filled in federal forms using Formflow software equipped with Air Force templates.
- Filed paperwork using a system based on date and form type.
- Cross-referenced and updated obsolete squadron conduct files, replacing older documents with new material.
- Answered phones, rerouted calls, and distributed messages.
All site graphics and designs on these pages are copyright 2002 to J.M.Bondzeleske (ebondrake at hotmail-dot-com) and may not be reproduced or distributed without my consent. However, I do not claim ownership of photos or placed art used in parts of these designs, unless stated otherwise--they were collected via clip art and Internet searches.