An eggplant lasagna recipe for the Passover / Pesach festival (or eggplant lasagne recipe), like many other eggplant lasagna recipes, includes additional vegetables such as zucchini, onions, mushrooms and/or tomatoes, among others. The following eggplant lasagna recipe omits the zucchini but includes garlic cloves, onions, mushrooms, and tomato sauce for a healthy dish that is low-fat.
Eggplant Lasagna Recipe
1 jar (about 25 ounces or about 739 milliliters) tomato sauce
8 cloves garlic
8 ounces grated mozzarella
1/2 cup parmesan cheese Oregano, powdered garlic, hot pepper flakes and rosemary
5 pieces of matzoh
Instructions for the Eggplant Lasagna recipe:
- A food processor makes this very quick but is not necessary.
- Peel the eggplant, cut it into quarters and slice it very thinly.
- Sauté it in oil until it reduces into mush.
- Cut and chop the onions, mushrooms and garlic.
- Sauté in oil, sprinkling about a quarter teaspoon of the spices into the mixture.
- Mix the eggplant and onion mixture together.
- Grate the cheese.
- Spray Pam cooking spray into a small rectangular baking dish.
- Pour some sauce in the dish and lay some matzoh into the sauce like noodles.
- Spread on the sautéed vegetables, sprinkle on some more spices, some cheese and then more sauce.
- Continue until you use up all the ingredients, ending with cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius or Centigrade) for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Slice up like lasagna.