1. Most basset hounds are friendly with strangers.
2. They require a significant amount of exercise, even if they appear
to not want it.
3. They are among the mildest mannered of all breeds.
4. Although they appear to be cute and sweet, they can be very stubborn
and hard to train.
5. The commands come, stay, and sit are very important to teach your
basset at an early age.
6. Although they can be stubborn, this breed should never be harshly
hit or disciplined.
7. Most bassets seem to have a great since of humor.
8. They are great with children.
9. They bay a lot and require a great deal of patience.
10. A basset hound is a great companion and can live in either the city