BOY SCOUT TROOP 33 HOME PAGE
The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral decisions over their lifetime by instilling in them the values of the Boy Scout Oath and Law.
WHO CAN JOIN OUR TROOP?
Boys who have earned the Arrow of Light Award and are at least 10 years old OR have completed the 5th grade and are at least 10 years old, OR who are 11, but not yet 18 years old are eligible to join our troop.
ADULT TROOP LEADERS
THESE ARE LEADERS WHO DEDICATE THEIR TIME TO PROVIDE MEANINGFUL SCOUTING ACTIVITIES TO THE YOUTH IN OUR COMMUNITY AND SHOW LEADERSHIP BY BEING GOOD ROLE MODELS FOR OUR LOCAL YOUTH.
- Tommy Houston, Scoutmaster
- James Garrett, Assistant Scoutmaster
- Andy Sholar, Assistant Scoutmaster
- Justin Erwin, Assistant Scoutmaster
- Dusty Langley, Assistant Scoutmaster
- Ronnie Land, Committee Chairman/Website Manager
- Debra Land, Troop Committee
- Rusty Canton, Charter Organization Rep/ Exec. Officer
BOY SCOUT LEADERSHIP
THIS IS A YOUTH LED TROOP AND THESE YOUNG MEN PROVIDE THE LEADERSHIP FOR ALL BOY SCOUT TROOP 33 ACTIVITIES UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF ADULT BOY SCOUT LEADERS.
- Eric Marr, Senior Patrol Leader
- Julian Lewis, Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
- Troop Historian / Photographer (to be announced)
- Quartermaster (to be announced)
- Scribe (to be announced)
- Chaplin Aide (to be announced)
SPECIAL NOTE OF FUTURE CHANGES FOR TROOP 33
With all the changes being made at the National Level of Boy Scouting, we are very sad to say Troop 33 is currently looking at dropping out of the Boy Scouts of America and joining another Christian Based Scouting Organization. We are currently looking at Trail Life USA. We feel very strongly that the Boy Scout National organization has bowed down to pressures being put on them by a small minority of people in our country and chose to ignore the Scout Oath and Promise "A Scout is physically strong, mentally awake and MORALLY STRAIGHT". We do not feel that scouts should be lead by men as role models who are self-professed homosexuals and leading a homosexual life style. We believe our country was founded upon Christian principles and that Scouting should also follow Christian principles. It is with great regret that Boy Scouts of America has turned away from the promise of being "Morally Straight", and we regret having to move away from
Boy Scouts of America, but Morally, we must. I urge other troops to turn away from Boy Scouts of America and join Trail life USA. We must teach our boys to be good citizens of good moral character and must strive to have leaders who will be good role models for boys.
ABOUT TROOP 33
- Troop 33 is located in Logansport, Louisiana, on the Sabine River (Toledo Bend Lake) on border of Texas in Northwest Louisiana, about 45 miles south of Shreveport, Louisiana. This is an area rich in Indian Heritage (Caddo Indians, Choctaw, Kickapoo, Keatchie, Joaquin, Coushatta, etc.)
- Town Population: 1300
- Troop consists of Approximately 10 Boy Scouts and 5 Adult Leaders
- Troop Meetings: Monday Nights, 7:00-8:00 p.m., at Scout Hut on Marshall Rd.
- Summer Meetings: Summer Camp & Some other meetings & Activities monthly.
- Activities: Camporees, Camp Turkey, Winter Camp, monthly camping or hiking, annual big event at end of each school year ("Jerry Sanders" Buffalo River Canoe Trip) & summer camp
- One Patrols: Scorpion Patrol
- Council: Norwela Council (Northwest Louisiana)
- District: Netami (Netami in Native American Indian means First or one)
- Troop Sponsored by Fire District 1 of Logansport.
- Troop Emphasis: Fun, camping, activities, "WHERE LEADERS ARE MADE"
- IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN ADVENTURE AND WANT TO JOIN IN ON THE FUN, CONTACT US, SEND AN E-MAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org, OR PHONE 318-697-5003 FOR MORE INFORMATION
Troop 33 Hall of Fame
Troop 33 News Page
Troop 33 Calendar of Events
Survivor Game Rules
Netami District News
Leader Code of Conduct
Site constantly under construction... With the Troop dropping out of the Boy Scouts of America program, we will be making many changes to the site. Visit again for more updates!!! JOIN US IN SCOUTING & HAVE FUN CAMPING, SLEEPING IN A TENT, HIKING, COOKING OVER A CAMPFIRE, CANOEING, SHOOTING, FISHING, EXPERIENCE THE OUTDOORS, LEARN HOW TO BE A GOOD CITIZEN, AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!!!
COME VISIT WITH US AND BE PREPARED TO HAVE SOME SCOUTING FUN!!!
Last Update 7/18/2015 by Ronnie Land, Committee Chairman/Website Manager
For website information, send e-mails to: email@example.com
Useful Website Links for Scouting
Buffalo National River
The Patch Place
U.S. Cavalry Equipment Ordering
L.D.P. Camping / Backpacking Foods