The object of this game is to stay within the boundaries of the game (marked-off large area in the woods where there is plenty of room to hide), and stay alive until end of game!! All animals need food and water and some have to prey on other animals to stay alive.
1. HERBIVORES must find all the food and water packets, must have at least one green life tag left at the end of the game, and must stay within the boundaries for the entire game. They can't prey on any other animals in the game. Small Herbivores have one green stripe painted on each side of face, and Large Herbivores have two green stripes painted on each side of face. They start the game with 5 green tags.
2. OMNIVORES must find all the food and water packets, must have at least five green life tags, at least one yellow life tag, and must stay within the boundariews for the entire game. They can only prey on Small Herbivores and Large Herbivores. Omnivores have one yellow stripe painted on each side of their face. They start the game with 3 yellow life tags.
3. CARNIVORES must find all the food and water packets, and must have at least ten green or yellow life tags, at least one red life tag, and must stay within the boundaries for the entire game. They can prey on Small or Large Herbivores and omnivores. Carnivores have one red stripe painted on each side of their face. They start the game with one red life tag.
4. DISEASE must find all the food and water packets, and must have at least fifteen life tags (green, yellow, or red), and nmust stay withgin the boundaries for the entire game. Disease can prey on any animal. Disease has one black stripe down the front of the face, a red circle on the left cheek, and a lightning bolt on the right cheek. Disease starts the game with no life tags.
5. MAN must have at least twenty life tags from any of the animals (green, yellow, or red), and must stay within the boundaries for the entire game. He can prey on any animal. Man has a large blue circle on each cheek. Man takes all of an animals life tags just by pointing at them. Man does not haave to chase an animal, he only points finger at them and shoots. He needs no food or water. Man starts the tame with no life tags. Animals must hide from man when he comes on the scene or they'll lose their life!
TIMED ENTRY TO GAME PLAYING FIELD:
1. HERBIVORES (both large and small) enter playing field at the beginninig of game (enter 9:00 a.m.).
2. OMNIVORES enter the playing field after the Herbivors have been in field for thirty minutes (enter 9:30 a.m.)
3. CARNIVORES enter the playing field after the Omnivores have been in field for thirty minutes (enter 10:00 a.m.)
4. DISEASE enters the playing field after the Carnivores have been in field for thirty minutes (enter 10:30 a.m.)
5. MAN enters the playing field after Disease has been in the playing field for 30 minutes and remains for the last 30 minutes (enter 11:00 a.m.)
GAME ENDS 30 MINUTES AFTER MAN ENTERS PLAYING FIELD (ends 11:30 a.m.).
Times are approximate. A car horn will blow at each time schedule, and will blow blasts of three horns at the end of the game to signal end of game.
BOUNDARIES WILL BE MARKED AND ALL ANIMALS, DISEASE, AND MAN MUST NOT LEAVE THE MARKED AREA UNTIL END OF GAME. IF SEEN OUTSIDE OF BOUNDARIES, IMMEDIATE DEATH OR DISQUALIFIOCATION FROM GAME IS ENFORCED. YOU MUST LEAVE THE PLAYING FIELD IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOU ARE KILLED (WHEN NO LIFE TAGS LEFT).
GAME WARDEN -- Game Warden is on scene during entire game to enforce rules or levee fines for not following rules. Game warden has a red and black target painted on each side of face.
If a group of prey is attacked, only one of the group can be taken by each animal attacking the group. To catch an animal yoyu must simply touch them. You may not throw them down or make traps, snares, or trip lines. food or water packets are polastic bags with food or water written on them (there will be a marker or crayon inside the bag). You must mark a square on your card with each colored marker to get credit for that food or water packet.