Blue Rodeo: Former Members
- Wolfsong Night (1994) with Tim Clement
This album isn't really my sort of music, it's sort of slow and relaxing and "new age". Despite that it was cool hearing Kim's playing on this record. Unfortunately he didn't sing so I didn't get to hear his voice. But as a plus, Karen Deschamps (maybe his wife?) has vocals on one song.
- Take Me Away (1999)
- Kim Deschamps' Home Page
- Click to see the Album Cover of Take Me Away.
- Click to see a picture of Kim Deschamps that I got from his webpage (see link above). *Photo taken by Sam Lowrie.
- Hamilton's Own Web Radio - Artist Bios Just pull up Kim Deschamps name from the list to read his bio.
- Before he was part of Blue Rodeo, Kim worked with the Cowboy Junkies in concert and on records. One of the albums he can be found on is 200 More Miles, 1995, which is a collection of their life on the road from 1985-1994. Kim Deschamps plays on some of the songs on 200 More Miles, "Blue Moon Revisited (A Song For Elvis)", "200 More Miles", "Me and the Devil", "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" and "Walking After Midnight". Kim plays pedal steel and lap steel guitar.
- Kim worked with Los Lobos on their August 16th, 1999, concert at Lee's Palace in Toronto with his steel guitar.
- Kim appeared at the VOX (Toronto) on Saturday, Sept 11, 1999. The opening act was Mike Trebilcock from The Killjoys.
- In the 1992 Canadian film Hurt Penguins, Kim Deschamps appears twice as a busker and once in a bar band. He also wrote most of the songs on the movie soundtrack. This is a really good movie also, worth watching even if you don't have a clue who Kim Deschamps is.
- Kim was also in the movie The Sweet Hereafter, which I believe came out in 1998 or 1997. He is part of The Sam Dent Band and he plays the pedal steel, electric bass and acoustic guitar. The other members of the band are: Tim Clement - acoustic, electric guitars; Anne Bourne - cello and backing vocals; Mychael Danna - Harmonium, acoustic guitar; Sarah Polley - vocals; and Al Cross - Drums. Mychael Danna arranges all the songs and The Sam Dent Band performs all of them. Kim appears in the beginning of the movie. As he told me "don't blink" or you'll miss him. He's part of a small band surrounding Sarah Polley, who by the way, is excellent in this movie. My respect for her went up higher when I heard what a great voice she has and that she also wrote the lyrics on some of the songs. This movie is excellent, I can't describe it any better than that.
- In Her Dream (1989)
- Presented By Lake Michigan Soda (1991)
- City of Wood (1993)
This is the only album I've heard so this is the only one I'm qualified to review. For starters, let me say that his lyrics are wonderful. He sings about issues, he's not afraid to insult people. He sings about crimes like rape and abuse toward woman, anti-semitism, racial hatred. The music is sort of slow though. I think my favourite song on this album is "white dress."
- In By Of (1994)
- Beware Of Bob (Instrumental) (1994)
- Accidently Acquired Beliefs (1996)
- More Work Songs from the Planet of the Apes (1997)
- bob wiseman's website
- Bob also contributes a song to the album Pine Ridge, An Open Letter to Allan Rock - Songs for Leonard Peltier.