Blue Rodeo: Quotes
"Through this world I've stumbled so many times betrayed
Trying to find an honest word to find the truth enslaved
You speak to me in riddles and you speak to me in rhymes
My body aches to breathe your breath your words keep me alive."
-Sarah McLachlan, Possession
Quotes From Outskirts
- "I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long."
- "Here on the outskirts of life, dreams seldom come true."
Quotes from Diamond Mine
- "Love and understanding are the best answers I've heard yet."
-Love and Understanding
- "Nothing comes as fast as a glib reply."
-The Ballad of the Dime Store Greaser & The Blonde Mona Lisa
- "Some things cost too much even when they're free."
- "Sometimes you get what you want, so be careful what you ask for, remember what you got."
-Ballad of the Dime Store Greaser and the Blonde Mona Lisa
- "All it does is make me kind of wonder, why are people so eager to be so cruel"
- "All we're doing is pissing on a fuse that's burning."
- "Nothing's as obvious as what is lost / Nothing's as painful as the cost."
Quotes from Casino
- "And tonight as I'm losing control, I will drink to the queen of my soul."
-After The Rain
Quotes from Lost Together
- "I used to think I knew what I was waiting for, I don't think that anymore."
-Rain Down On Me
- "And every street Jesus and suicide, is just another voice that goes unheard / every candle in the cathedral, a prayer for a better world."
- "Strange and beautiful are the stars tonight that dance around your head. In your eyes I see that perfect world, I hope that doesn't sound too weird."
- "So much controlled by so few, stumbling from one disaster to another."
- "Memory works in strange ways, cuts you down makes you pay. One day you'll be walking fine, the next day lightning hits you from behind."
-Last To Know
Quotes from Five Days In July
- "The rumours of heaven, only speed the truth on earth."
- "Cause there's this face that I know that I've never seen / Sometimes I feel I'm livin in
someone else's dream / Still I thank you for stoppin' to talk / And I wonder just into who's dream did who walk."
- "You fill my head with colours of wonder and delight / You move across my mind like the dance
of the northern lights."
-Know Where You Go
- "Funny how you can look in vain living on nerves and such sweet pain / A loneliness that cuts so fine to find the face you've seen a thousand times."
-Five Days In May
- "Looking back it's hard to tell / Why they stood while others fell / Spend your life working it out."
-Five Days In May
- "Nothing wrong / Just nothing ever goes as planned."
- "I don't know why / The harder I try / The harder it comes."
- "So you saw that fire in the sky / Well I think that's so cool."
- "And even though you're fifteen hundred miles away / I hear you howlin' at the moon."
- "I've been torn apart put back together, with a couple of pieces in wrong. I'm holding up now, oh but I won't be for long."
-Head Over Heels
- "Sometimes the world begins to set you up on your feet again, it wipes the tears from your eyes. How will you ever know, the way that circumstances go, always going to hit you by surprise."
-Five Days In May
- "Still I kinda like this feeling of being left behind".
-Hasn't Hit Me Yet
Quotes from Nowhere To Here
- "When you win some later on you lose, it's hard to tell the difference between the two."
- "Sometimes my flesh entwines with the bones of your breath / a long ride on an endless stretch of abandoned highway."
- "But the moments that shine are so hard to find."
-Blew It Again
- "Don't know why things come to me and why they disappear."
- "I know a fall is coming but it hasn't happened yet, can't believe what I keep inside and what I can't forget."
- "I know that you can't be with me until I start talking some kind of sense / but nothing makes sense to me now, can't find the thread no place to rest / and I don't know what normal means, still I grow tired of the same."
Quotes from Tremolo
- "So much of what we are, we will always be."
-Moon & Tree
- "Could it be someone else's life we're looking for / I know we wait in vain / We leave a mess behind us laid out on the floor / We try but we don't change / We never change."
- "Don't hide your smile / Your beautiful smile."
-Brother Andre's Heart
- "And I love that you were brave enough to sleep with all my friends."
- "The days seem so long living inside of my head."
-Falling Down Blue
- "All your riches won't mean a thing someday."
-It Could Happen To You
Quotes from The Days In Between
- "We've been changing, shifting with the light / Stumbling through the daytimes and fading in the night."
- "When you've gone and lost what you thought you never had / And you're numb with the fear that it's never coming back / It makes no difference, 'cause it's gonna be what it's gonna be / Sometimes the purest gold comes from the hands of the thief."
- "Well it's hard when you discover what keeps you going keeps you all alone."
- "I have thought about your leaving for a long time now / And I guess that in the end I'll be alright / But you know the blackness of your hair / The way your smile hits my everywhere / These are the things that come to me at night."
-Always Getting Better
- "Is it fear or courage that makes a man live so close to the edge, he finds no comfort in the other / Nothing in this world is any use to you / Except these songs you sing into my drunken head above this barroom sorrow."
- "And now I know for the first time true / All of the ways I've been lying to you / It's not that I don't think we can open up in time / It's just that I'm afraid of what we'll find."
- "When every step takes you from nowhere, going from somewhere to here."
- "You were the seeker, then you found there's nothing to find / It'll all come down to you in it's own good time."
- "Yeah I've made mistakes, and I've paid for all this trouble I've made / All I want to do is get back to the way that we used to be."
-Begging You To Let Me In
- "Sometimes you move to slow, think you see it coming then bang down you go."
-Begging You To Let Me In
- "Well I have made so many mistakes, that I live on a street called shame / But the sins are the sweetest part, and now no one's left to blame."
- "Sometimes the wildest notions of your life just can't help but coming true."
- "You said everything is right before your eyes, but when it changes now, don't you be surprised."
- "I think the solo careers are great, it's a great side job, it's a good hobby. But the
group is, I think, better."
-Juno Awards Press Conference, 1999.
- "We all sing and play better than we speak."
-MuchMoreMusic Speakeasy, 1999. Re: musicians.
- "Greg and I sort of formed a partnership from the beginning that we thought was good,
was positive, and we just kept learning together."
-MuchMoreMusic Speakeasy, 1999. Re: What made you stay together so long?
- "She said I was going to die, but I could learn to fly."
-White Marble Ganesh
- "My heroes are the ones who seem to be the most fractured in trying to put together a
coherent understanding of whatever this reality is."
-MuchMoreMusic Speakeasy, 1999.
- "Told you so".
-To Jim after he won the Juno Award.
- "It's like being between a rock and a hard place."
-1992, on what it's like being between Jim and Greg
The Solo Works