Fulton County Sportsmen's Club
Wauseon, OH

   

 
Home
About us
Events
Calendar
Coon Supper
Contact Us/Rental Information
Archery Shoots
Trap Shoots
 Pistol Shoots
Sportsmen Club News
Public Relations
Follow us on FaceBook

 

About Us


 

Club Building built in 1949

 

The purpose or purposes for which this corporation was formed is to encourage and stimulate interest in the sports of fishing and hunting and all other sports, pursuits, and enjoyments directly or indirectly connected therewith; to sponsor, promote, and participate in the proposing, passage, and enactment of proper legislation for the attainment and protection of those objectives; to aid in the national defense and to encourage and engage in any sport, pursuit, or activity which may tend to the maintenance of morale and the safeguarding of our country.

The Fulton County Sportsmen, Inc. is located on 33 acres of land on County Road 14 just north of Wauseon. The corporation became official on September 6, 1949 with Roscoe Raker, Theron Kutzli and C. W. Waldvogel listed as the incorporators. Trustees were named to serve until the first annual meeting could be held to elect trustees. These first three trustees were, Theron Kutzli (Wauseon), Elmer Leu (Archbold) and Howard Mohler (Delta).

The Fulton County Sportsmen, Inc. currently have 186 life members and approximately 140 annual members. Membership dues are $75.00 a year and a life membership is $750. Meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month at 8:00 p.m.

The Club hold trap, pistol, rifle and Archery shooting events throughout the year.

Also Kids Day and the FFA Trap Shoot of schools.

With membership members are able to use the 100/200 yard rifle range and pistol bays anytime excepted as posted. Please clean up after yourself!

A fishing pond is also available.

Check Schedule of Events for all activities.

Pond




The annual "Coon Supper" is held every January to help to subsidize the many youth activities that we offer. A major focus of these activities is firearm and archery safety. The "Coon Supper" started years before the Fulton Co. Sportsmen Club was formed. The Fulton Co. Sportsmen Club evolved from the Fulton Co. Coon Hunters Association formed by raccoon hunters in the 1930s. Coon Suppers were held at various places in the county. Places the supper was held was the original White City restaurant and the last place before the club house was built was in Assumption, Ohio.

If you have information about the Fulton Co. Sportsmen Club that you would like to share, please send it to us.




 



Follow us on FaceBook

Top