In The Beginning... Soils
Garden Chores Calendar
Turf Management Calendar
Important Kitchen Herbs
- Plant, fertilize and lime fescue lawns.
- Apply winter conditioning fertilizer to Bermuda, centipede
and zoysia lawns. Plant anuual rye.
- Apply pre-emergent to control annual bluegrass.
- Water during dry periods.
- Plant shrubs this fall.
- Mulch plants to retain moisture.
- Water as needed & Control insects as needed.
- Shrubs with fall color: Dwarf Nandina, Barberry, Sasanqua,
Nandina, Oak Leaf Hydrangea, Burning Bush, Ornamental Grasses, Pyracantha.
- Plant trees this fall.
- Mulch trees to retain moisture and water as needed.
- Trees with fall color: Dogwood, Red Maple, Sugar Maple,
Ginkgo, River Birch, Red Oak, Flowering Pear, Hickory, Crepe Myrtle
- Control insects and diseases on roses.
- Remove spent blooms from roses.
- Remove spent blooms.
- Water and fertilize regularly & control insects.
- Plant Pansies, Ornamental Kale and Cabbage, Viola, Dianthus
- Plant Garden Mums, Asters and other perennials [3 Mulch
perennials to retain moisture.
- Divide Daylilies
- Plant broccoli, cabbage, onions, kale, collards, turnip,
mustard, rutabagas and lettuce.
- Plant a winter cover crop in vacant areas.
- Control loopers on broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower with
- Make purchases while supplies are good and store in cool dry
- Plant bulbs later this month when soil temperatures cool
- Fertilize with Bulb Booster Fertilizer.
- Change "nectar" regularly
- Plant perennials and shrubs that attract