In The Beginning... Soils
Garden Chores Calendar
Turf Management Calendar
Important Kitchen Herbs
- Plant fescue.
- Apply post-emergence herbicide to control winter broadleaf weeds.
- Plant containerized and bare root trees now.
- Plant snapdragons, pansies, nasturtiums and sweet william.
- Fertilize pansies to promote blooms.
- Plant perenials.
- Plan for new planting beds.
- Take soil samples for soil test now.
- Tilling can be done now if soil is not too wet. Work in composted leaves and other
amendments recommended by your soil test.
- Plant collards, turnips, Chinese cabbage, leeks, radishes, carrots, kale, kohlrabi, and
- Watch for signs of spidermites on indoor plants. Use insecticidal soap or oil to control
- Grafting of roses and fruit trees is usually done now.