In The Beginning... Soils
Garden Chores Calendar
Turf Management Calendar
Important Kitchen Herbs
- Plant, fertilize and lime fescue lawns
- Apply pre-emergent to prevent crabgrass
- Apply herbicides to control henbit, wild onions, chickweed
and other weeds.
- Prune butterfly bush, crape myrtles & other
- Plant roses and prune this month.
- Plant evergreen and deciduous shrubs.
- Begin spraying program to control fungus problems.
- Apply lime sulfur spray.
- Plant trees.
- Prune fruit trees.
- Apply tree and shrub food.
- Plant snapdragons, pansies, nasturtiums and sweet william.
- Fertilize pansies to promote blooms.
- February is a good time to plant, divide and
- Plant asparagus, beets, broccoli, brussel sprouts, carrots,
cauliflower, collards, cabbage, kale, lettuce, mustard, onions, peas, potatoes, rape,
rutabagas, spinach and turnip greens
- Check for insects such as scale and spider mites.
- Use insecticidal soap or oil sprays to control these pests.