A gateway to our listings on Amazon, eBay, and other sites where you can purchase books from us.
Note: If you wanted Al's Web Pages, click here.
Latest news (Note: new listings can take up to a week to appear in our Z-shop)
- Visit us on Amazon.com at Nicoll's Books and Stuff zShop.
- Check out our other items on eBay--not much these days, but here's where we list some of our odd items that we can't list on Amazon, such as sets of books or videos.
- Audio Books on cassette--we now have dozens (64 as of 3/28/06) of titles with more being listed "every day." Both abridged and unabridged, fiction and non, these were acquired at a library book sale and are typically ex-library copies in sturdy vinyl cases. As with all our media, these are guaranteed to play to your satisfaction or return to us for a refund of your purchase price. To view our audio books, use the link below.
- Great Books of the Western World, the familiar Britannica set of classics. We're selling individual volumes, about 30 available right now.
- Alan is now working at Steve Martin's Working Wildlife in Lockwood Valley. This is much better for us than commuting to Bakersfield for substitute teaching.
Here's why you can buy from us with confidence:
- We personally guarantee satisfaction, with a refund of the purchase price if merchandise is returned to us within 30 days. Additional guarantees are provided through Amazon, eBay, and Pay Pal.
- 100% feedback rating with over 470 responses at eBay (see for yourself)
- "4.9 out of 5" feedback rating at Amazon.
- Prompt service. Your purchase normally will be shipped by us the day after you place your order, or on the following Monday if you order on a weekend.
- Family owned and operated by Alan, Susan, and Oliver Nicoll.
- Small enough to offer you personal attention.
- Unlike many Amazon sellers, we provide detailed, accurate, and conservative descriptions of the items you'll be buying.
- Over 1600 titles listed, with "more every day."
- We welcome international orders and expedited shipping for Amazon items weighing less than 3 pounds (see "Note on Amazon shipping," below).
- We will consider reducing our price on any item if others are selling comparable items at lower prices. Just send us an email (address below) with the price you want to pay, and we'll let you know what we can do. We aim to offer the best buys you'll find on the Internet.
Family owned and operated by Alan, Susan, and Oliver NicollWould you buy a used book from these people?
We have hundreds of satisfied customers; check our feedback at Amazon and Ebay.
Although we carry many kinds of books, movies, and music, here are the categories where we currently have the most selections or recent additions:
If you just want to browse the categories, start here.
Sign up for PayPal--the fast, easy, and secure way to pay online.
A note about Amazon shipping: Amazon.com has preset shipping rates based on the anticipated weight of the item being shipped. For books, this weight is three pounds. This means that any book we ship that weighs more than three pounds will cost us something out-of-pocket to ship. Shipping within the United States on this basis is feasible, but for overseas shipping it's just too expensive. For this reason, books that weigh three or more pounds are not listed on Amazon by us as being available for overseas shipping. If you'd like a book that we have not listed as available for overseas shipping (and you're not in the U.S.), email us and we'll try to make arrangements to get you the books you want.
Our email address is:
Alan Nicoll's home page.