Site hosted by Build your free website today!


Grievance Procedure

Your comfort, safety, health, and happiness are our concern and we presume that you will give us the opportunity to assist you should a problem arise. We trust that you will free to take any action you choose in resolving any problem. The management will not discriminate nor use any coercion or reprisal against you for taking such steps. You may expect the degree of confidentiality that you request.

If at any time you are not being treated fairly, or if you feel that an employee has mistreated you in any way, please take the following steps:

1. Notify the Social Worker for assistance in resolving the problem. The Social Worker serves as the center's in-house "ombudsman." An "ombudsman" investigates complaints on behalf of the Administrator and reports findings/resolution to the Administrator.

2. If you are not satisfied, notify the Director of Nursing.

3. Should you remain unsatisfied, please take the concern to the Assistant Administrator or Administrator.

You are welcome to present the problem verbally or in writing. You may expect a response at each level as quickly as possible, certainly within 5 working days.

In the event that you choose to describe the concern in writing, especially if the grievance is one addressed by either federal Civil Rights legislation or Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, you are entitled to a written response within 5 working days at each level. Section 504 states, in part, that "no otherwise qualified handicapped individual...shall, solely by reason of his handicap, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance..." The Administrator is usually the designated 504 coordinator for the center and will be happy to address any such issues brought to his/her attention.

In the event that grievances of any sort are not satisfactorily resolved with the center, you may contact an outside representative of your choice.

You may:

* Contact owner, regional or corporate office staff either directly or through use of a registered letter.

* File a complaint with the State Survey and Certification agency.

* Contact your state's ombudsman.

* File a civil rights or Section 504 grievance.

The names and addresses are available to you upon request to the Social Worker or Administrator and are publicly posted in common areas of the center.

Any of these courses of action is encouraged if you are aware of any patient abuse, either verbal, mental, or physical; neglect, misappropriation of property; or discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or handicap. You, and all other patients are entitled to protection from such behaviors.

Email Questions To: