1. Admit that you have become powerless over the ED/SM, and that your life has become unmanageable.
2. Come to believe in a Higher Power (such as God).
3. Turn your life and your will over to your Higher Power. Ask him for help in overcoming your ED/SM.
4. Make a moral inventory of yourself, paying special attention to any lying, stealing, etc. that resulted from your ED/SM. Recall who you may have hurt because of your behaviors.
5. Admit you findings (from step 4) to yourself, ro your Higher Power, and to another human being.
6. Ask your Higher Power to remove all you character defects.
7. Ask God to remove your shortcomings.
8. Make a list of all the people you have harmed (by what you found in step 4)and become willing to make amends to them all.
9. Make direct amends to these people wherever possible, unless doing so would injure them or others.
10. Continue to take personal inventory and when you are wrong, promptly admit it.
11. Employ prayer and mdeitation to improve your conscious contact with your Higher Power, praying only for knowledge of God's will for you and the power to carry that out.
12. Try to carry this message to others suffering from EDs/SM, and practice these principles in all your affairs.
These steps cannot all be completed at one shot. Take your time, and only move on to the next step when you are fully read to do so. Good Luck!
~*~Thank you for visiting my site!!~*~
Back to Key Steps to Recovery
Back to Main Page