Tau Beta Sigma
This is the Mission Statement of Tau Beta Sigma:
"Tau Beta Sigma National Honorary Band Sorority provides service to
collegiate bands, encourages the advancement
of women in the band profession,
and promotes and enriches an appreciation of band music through recognition,
leadership development and education of its members."
The five purposes are...
The chapters in Tau Beta Sigma are organized into six geographic districts. They are:
- To promote the existance and welfare of the collegiate bands and to
create a respect and appreciation for band activities and achievements
among the listening public everywhere.
- To honor outstanding members of the band through privledge of
membership, in the sisterhood, extended in recognition of musical
achievement, demonstrated leadership, and an enthusiastic approach
to band activities.
- To develop leadership through active participation with the band, and
through it, to strengthen those traits of conduct, thought, and idealism
which characterize the responsible membership of the band.
- To encourage a close relationship between collegiate bands and promote
a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection
of worthwhile projects.
- To provide a meaningful and worthwhile social experience for all engaged
in collegiate band work, and to cooperate with other musical organizations
and societies in every manner consistant with our mutual purposes and
those of the institution at which chapters are located.
The National Headquarters
also has a really cool (and helpful) web page.
back to the main page
back to the MWD President's page
back to the OSMA page