My Areas of Engagement:
College leadership (Dean, School of Business) and course facilitation at the University level, with an emphasis on Organizational Behavior, Moral Business Performance, and Awakened Leadership.
- Business Consulting with an emphasis on establishing and/or improving workplace performance through the creation of better interpersonal relationships.
- Writing on topics such as workplace spirituality, interpersonal relationships and inner connection.
- Planning and executing workshops and conferences pertaining to the above topics.
- Journal editing and coordination.
Radio Announcer (Suriname, 1977 -1979)
- Advertising Department Employee (Suriname, 1978 - 1979)
- Advertising Agency Founder/Manager (Suriname, 1979 - 1998)
- Radio & Television Show Host (Suriname, 1979 - 1998)
- Foundation Women for Women- Founder/Manager (Suriname, 1994 - 1998)
- Academic Adviser/ Event Coordinator (Burbank, 1999 - 2001)
- Business Faculty/Consultant/Author/Speaker (Burbank, 2001- )
- Asst. Dean, School of Business; Director & Chair, BBA Program (Burbank, 2011-2016)
- Dean, School of Business (Burbank, 2016 - )
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Management & Social Sciences (2011)
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Organizational Leadership (2004)
- Master in Business Administration (MBA - 2000)
- HEAO (B.S. equiv.) Business Economics in Suriname (1988)
Member of the "Delta Mu Delta" Honor Society
(top 20% of Business Students)
- Member of Phi Delta Kappa
international honorary fraternity of educators
(based on excellence in academic achievement)
- Honorary inductee "Alpha Sigma Lambda"
Lambda Psi Chapter
Most Inspirational Professor 2008, Weekend and Evening Programs, Woodbury University
- Most Inspirational Professor 2009, 2015 MBA, Woodbury University
- MBA Professor of the year 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2014 Woodbury University
Other Professional Awards:
- Kankantrie Lifetime Achievement Award in Education (Suriname American Network Inc. - SANI, 2019)
- Commander in the Honorary Order of the Yellow Star for the Republic of Suriname (2015)
The Nelle Becker-Slaton Pathfinder Award by the Association of Pan-African Doctoral Scholars (2015).
- Creative - Scholarly Annual Award, Woodbury University (2016)
- Ambassador Award, Woodbury University (2016)