- Valerian Root: A sedative. The extracted essence is the prescription drug Valium. Mild enough to be safe and non-addictive in it's natural form if taken as directed.
- Kava Kava: A calmative. Helps regulate mild depression, pms, mood swings, etc.
- Ginko Biloba: A memory enhancer. Helps retain short term memories, especially those lost due to physical and/or emotional stress. Currently being explored as a treatment for Alzheimers Disease.
- Ginseng: An energy booster. Works especially well for women due to a high concentration of iron. Sold in liquid/gel as well as capsules. Take the capsules! Trust me!!!
- St. John's Wort: An antidepressant. Now being recomended by psychologists and psychiatrists before prescription drugs are tried. Said to work as well as Prozac and/or Lithium for most people.
- Echinacea: An immune enhancer. Helps prevent colds, flus,etc. In higher doses will fight illnesses including (supposedly) cancer.
- Goldenseal: Another immune enhancer. Take alone or with echinacea.
- Chamomile: A mild calmative. Usually advertised as a tea. Use to de-stress during/after a hard day, or take for an upset stomach. Tastes pretty good as a tea.
- Gotu Kola: Stimulates mental activity and battles fatigue
- (Evening) Primrose: Eases arthritis and menstal pain
Pages and Links