|The Greek Islands||Chalki HOME||Chalki Hotels||Chalki Sights||Chalki Beaches||Chalki Travel|
• Pondamos Beach is located in the southeast of Halki, near Nimborio, about a ten minutes walk away. The beach has a number of facilities. At Pondamos Beach there are sunbeds and parasols for rent and there is a tavern. Apparently this is the best beach on the island and also the only sandy beach. The beach is shallow and it is easy to get into the sea, so well suited for families with small children.
• A little further to the west you find Trachia or Trahia Beach. Actually Trachia is the name of a peninsula. On both sides of the peninsula is a small beach and it is very quiet. The water here is very clear and it is a good place to snorkel. From Chorio it takes about 20 minutes to walk to these beaches. The beaches are a bit sheltered and most of the time out of the wind.
• Ftenagia Beach is located on the other side of Nimborio at a distance of about 15 minutes walk. After Pondamos Beach Ftenagia Beach is the most popular beach on the island. This beach is a pebble beach. It is accessible by a path along the rocky coast or from the road that leads from the windmills. The trail is marked with signs. There is a taverna that also rents out sunbeds and parasols.
• Yiali or Gialli Beach is a beach on the south side of Halki. The beach can be reached via a winding path from Chorio. The walk takes about 30 minutes. It is a small beach with white pebbles (Yiali = white pebble). There are no sunbeds or parasols for hire but you can find some shade under the high cliffs at the beach. There can be some wind at the beach and there can also be a strong current.
• Kania Beach is located on the east side of the island of Halki at a walking distance of 25 minutes from Nimborio. It is a pebble beach and it is not organized (no sun beds, parasols, tavern). Around the beach there is a bit of vegetation so there is a little shade. Take water with you when you go to this beach.
• Areta Beach is a quiet beach on the north side of the island and it is a good spot for snorkeling.