|<< Previous | Up | Next >>|
the language of the Terb
Basic language description:
- Overview: some geography and ethnography added to generic language information.
- Phonology: phonemic inventory, orthographical representation, syllable structure, metrics.
- Syntax: sentence-level order, noun phrases, verb phrases.
- Nouns: number and case inflections and paradigms.
- Adjectives: inflections for different degrees.
- Pronouns: regular and honorific, possessives,
deictics, table of correlatives.
- Cases and semantic roles: core case, oblique case, and the Agent and Patient roles explained.
- Verbs: A-verbs and P-verbs, argument agreement, tense, aspect, mood, and voice.
- The copula: conjugation and usage.
- Attitudinals: colouring the meaning of sentences.
Technical (non-essential) articles:
- Satellite-framing: Terbian as a satellite-framed language, applicated verbs, abstract verb patterns.
- Verbs of motion: volitional, non-volitional and causative, and how to make ones from the others.
- Word formation: notes on derivation and derivational affixes.