Best viewed with a screen setting of 800x600 with color setting of True Color (32-bit).
Please be patient while graphics upload to your browser.
Most of the information in this section came from Brenda in Onalaska, WA USA who gathered it from different online sources while giving credit to the original source(s) whenever possible. Thank you, Brenda, for sharing the information with me! *S*
MoEZ FAQs & Tips From Others
I hope to be adding more information to this section as time goes on. A lot of the new hints that I have added have came from the MoEZ Crochet Yahoo group's message archives that I have been slowly reading through and saving the hints and tips from all those who posted. I am sure that you will find that some of hints/helps/tips are repeated more than once in some sections but I am trying to make things as easy as possible for people looking for information and have been working on adding links under the sections as to where to look for more information within my site in regards to things.
Please feel free to "wander" through my web pages to find whatever help you need/want - just be prepared that it may take you awhile to read everything that is here. *L* I do promise to try to remember to put the updated graphic sign up in the sections on this page as I add/update information though so I hope that will help you to find whatever you may be looking for! *S*
If you have any tips that you would like to share and have in this section, please e-mail me and I will be glad to add it to these pages ASAP. Please remember that while most of these tips are MoEZ-related, they can apply to non-MoEZ work as well.
- Afghan Sizes
- Gives common/standard measurements for mattresses, comforters, and bedspreads along with MoEZ hook information for sizes for making afghans/blankets for babies, daybeds, sofas, and beds.
- Afghan Stitch
- The difference between the afghan stitch and other kinds of regular crochet.
- Bobs/Bobbins 19 Mar. 2006
- Explains what a bob, bobbin, or yarn butterfly bobbin is, what they look like, gives helpful hints for using them, and how to prevent tangling. Also tells how to make your own, where to find/buy them and bobbin substitutes.
- Recommended books for doing the afghan stitch in crochet.
- Gives information about the way others have finished off their afghans.
- Casting On
- How to cast on stitches.
- Changing Colors 18 Jan. 2004
- How to add on/join/change colors/yarn while crocheting and how to avoid having holes in your work. There are also links to web sites to learn the Russian method of joining yarn.
- Chapped Fingers
- Some helpful hints as to what to do/use for chapped fingers.
- Explains what a chevron is and gives Val's pattern for making one.
- Converting a .doc file to a .jpg one
- How to convert a .doc file into a .jpg one
- Counting Rows
- How to count rows done in afghan stitch.
- Craft Abbreviations for Online Chats/Groups
- A list of some of the most common abbreviations used in online craft chats/groups/newsletters.
- How to prevent curling for crocheted items made in the afghan stitch.
- Dealing With Ends
- How to deal with ends in your crocheted work and how to weave them in.
- A brief explanation of what Tunisian Entrelac is along with a link to see some work done in it.
- How to make/draw a face while making a pattern.
- Explains what felting is and how to do it for your cotton and wool yarns.
- Frog It
- What "frog it" means.
- Gauge 28 August 2004
- Explains about gauge and a gauge swatch in crocheting and how to find out what your gauge is when using a certain size hook.
- How to convert a graph and the best kind to use. Also tells how to read a graph for right-handers and left-handers, what to do about outlining/cross-stitching on your work as well as how to keep your place while reading a graph pattern.
- I recently got a request for a "blonde's" step-by-step approach to graphs so I will try my best to provide that information here on its own page.
- What a MoEZ hook is and the difference between them and other crochet hooks; where to get MoEZ hooks. How to hold a MoEZ hook; care of MoEZ hooks; storage & care of MoEZ hooks; what the best/preferred size of MoEZ hook is to use; what hook to use for borders; MoEZ hook sizes & equivalents; hook sizes and yarn types to use. Also gives crochet hook/knitting needles equivalents and a link for how to make your own hooks.
- Lefties 7 October 2006
- Useful information and links for left-handed people for crocheting.
- Loose Stitches 27 December 2004
- Some suggestions on what to do/try if you are having trouble with loose stitches
- Making A Pull Skein or Yarn Swift/Winder 21 Feb. 2007
- Information and links for making your own pull skein or a yarn swift/winder.
- Odds and ends of information.
- Val gives the explanation for the term "mocheting."
- MoEZ URLs 7 October 2006
- The MoEZ_Crochet Yahoo Group's list of recommended URLs.
- Nice tips for organizing your yarn and more.
- PC Stitch 16 May 2003
- Helpful hints for using the PC Stitch software program, such as using PC Stitch to make a graph, about PC Stitch & PatternMaker software, exporting your PCS pattern file, converting your exported .bmp pattern into a .jpg/.gif, signing your completed graph, making a specific size of a graph, and changing graph grid line colors.
- Printing & Scanning Tips 16 Aug. 2007
- Hints for scanning graphs and/or printing out graphs or from ones you find online at a web site, a Epson album, Ramona's Printing Tips for Epson Albums, Marsha's How-to for Printing Graphs in 4 pages, or in a PictureTrail album. Also have some Scanning/Printing/Enlarging Tips for patterns from yarn wrapper labels.
- Row Counts
- Explains what a row count is, how to make one, how to read one, how to read one for "lefties", and keeping your place while reading a row count/graph.
- Russian Joining Method Yarn
- Links to learn how to do this unique way of joining two pieces of yarn together in the middle of your work.
- How to do some of the stitches for use in crocheting like the puff stitch or the purl stitch. Also how to take off stitches. For more detailed help or photos, I recommend that you check out my tutorials links list - there are some really good ones listed there.
- How to prevent yarn from tangling
- Translations 30 May 2007
- Useful links to translate crafting language(s)
- Yarn 10 Apr. 2007
- How-to's for keeping yarn on your hook, holding a MoEZ hook, using multiple strands of Australian yarn, figuring out the amount of yarn you need to have/use with a MoEZ hook; where to buy yarn online. Also what a yarn "bra" is (and how to make your own!), yarn equivalents/substitutions, and weights as well as information about "eyelash" or "fun fur" yarn with some links to find/buy it online.
back - top of page - Home - Welcome - E-mail Cheryl - TOC - Next Page
Sign Guestbook View Guestbook
Web page background, site, and design created by Cheryl (a.k.a. "Cinnaminn").
Originally created 16 August 2002 and updated as of 16 Aug. 2007.
Guestbook courtesy of HTML Gear. Some graphics courtesy of Lacefairy.