RE: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Request to truncate replied to postings (ex Re: Hello)

<x-flowed>
On 08:01 AM 10/18/00 -0700, Bruce Walter said:
>Anybody else experience this phenomenon?  If so, what software do you use?
>Maybe we can detect a pattern....

Yes, the auto-attached footer that Techserv appends to each message , if
not removed manually by a thread participant, is then duplicated by the
mailserver. As the thread grows, so does the duplicated footer. It is adds
unecessarily to the email file sizes, so that downloads are larger and take
more time. No, for users such as myself on a military line, it doesn't
matter one bit, but for hose using 56K modems. it makes a hell of a
difference in download time, especially when one is downloading tens of
messages daily, as is my case at home, where I am still using a 56K line.
At best, failing to edit the reply text is simply inconsiderate to other
users of the list.

Andrew J Jenkins. NCMR @ NASA-GRC
andrew.jenkins@grc.nasa.gov

The opinions expressed herein are soley mine and do not represent the
views of my employer. Standard commercial-use disclaimers apply.
Commercial use requires author approval.

</x-flowed>