COMMUNITY ACCESS TELEVISION
Channel 8 Cox Cable Fayetteville
444 - 3433
Click here for
COMMUNUITY ACCESS TELEVISION POLICYS these are the rules concerning the submission of programs - by the public at large.
You may want to do the tape at home and simply give the game to the station.
This is a method of doing all of the editing in your camera. This is one of the most efficient and fastest ways of producing a tape. You simply keep in mind the order of things as you tape.
Put a new tape in your camera, leave the lens cap on and record a minute - 60 seconds - of BLACK - you are ready now to - IN CAMERA EDIT - the sports event - follow the list below to make an interesting program.
Remember EVERYTHING you say will be on the tape, and EVERYTHING everyone around you says will be too. This is one reason it's good to have a person doing play by play - the hand held mikes don't hear as much as the on camera mikes.
1. The title - sign or program - T-shirt or anything which identifies the event.
2. A few 10 second clips of the area, crowd, cheerleaders, warm up or practice
3. Now you tape the event
4. If you will get a mike to plug in your camera and headphones - then find anyone to do play by play of the game it will be better.
5. *NOTE* IF YOUR CAMERA LEAVES SNOW ON THE TAPE WHEN YOU TURN THE POWER OFF AND ON YOU CANNOT DO IN-CAMERA EDITING AND SHOW THE TAPE - UNLESS YOU COPY IT FIRST.
6. The event is over - tape the title you decided on again for 30 seconds or so.
7. Then put the lens cap on and tape some black on the tape, a minute or more, this is for the cable station.
- You bring it down they have to play it -
YOU WILL HAVE TO FILL OUT SOME PAPERS -
You want to have your kids on television, you shoot the games, and you have all these tapes and you don't know what to do with them.
You may or may not have a VHS or a SVHS camera (if you do skip down)- and are using - one of the following tape sizes - 8MM, HI-8, DIGITAL 8, MINI-DVC, OR VHS-C OR SVHS-C. You will have a VHS-VCR at hooked up to your television. You can copy your tape to the VHS format for play on CAT using your home VCR.
The CAT can only play SVHS - VHS - DV-pro or mini-DV format tapes
Now again, this is a list of things, which will make your tape playable and interesting.
1. .Record one minute of tape that will not matter if it is not shown.
2. .This one minute will give you room to place 'color bars' and a 'count down' at the beginning of the tape. This is needed by the station for cable casting purposes.
3. .The first shot on you tape should be - a sign - the program - anything which will serve as a title.
4. .On you tape you must not have any 'SNOW' snow is a broken control track, and a broken control track will cause your tape to STOP PLAYING.
5.. Your tape -program- can be any length you want it to be.
6. .When the game is over shoot a picture of the title - sign - program again
7. .Put the lens cap on and record 'THE TAPE WILL BE BLACK' DONT TALK THE CAMERA WILL HEAR YOU -
8. .This is all there is to making a program.
9. .You can improve on this list if you will take the courses at 'CAT', the editing equipment will help you to improve your program.
I'm trying to make the point - that - it is more important to have you kids on television than for you to just set on them at home. Being televised is one of the nicest things you can do for a kid - the team - the coach - the other parents.
YES - YOU GET YOUR TAPE BACK! Make sure you pull the record tab off when you submit the tape - so it doesn't accidentally get erased.