Strawberry Banana Shake
- 1 banana
- Some fresh strawberries - Like a
handful (about 3 or 4 big strawberries or about
6 average size.)
If you're out of fresh
strawberries, use about 1 to 2 tablespoons
strawberry jam instead.
- 1/2 cup strawberry yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
Peel the banana, break it in pieces, and put it in a blender. Remove the green tops and rinse the strawberries in cold water. Put the strawberries in the blender. Add the other ingredients. Make sure the lid fits tightly on blendar. Blend on high speed until smooth. Pour into a
large milkshake size cup or glass and enjoy!!!
- 4 English muffins, sliced in half crosswise
- 1 can pizza sauce (small can, about 8 oz. size)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- pizza toppings, optional
Toast the English muffins lightly. Place the muffin halves on a cookie sheet. Spread about 2 tablespoons pizza sauce on each English
muffin half. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. Add
whatever pizza toppings you like such as
pepperoni, small pieces of sausage, mushrooms, green pepper, onions, etc. Bake in a preheated oven at 375º for 6 to 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Hot Dogs in
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- 4 slices of American cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Open the pack of crescent rolls by following the directions on the package.
- Unroll and separate the dough into triangle shaped pieces. Make each piece a little bigger by using your fingers to stretch it.
- Place 1/2 slice cheese on each triangle.
- Put one hot dog on top of each piece of cheese.
- Wrap the hot dog & cheese in the dough, making sure the cheese is completely covered by the dough. Both ends of the hot dogs will stick out.
- Arrange the dough wrapped hot dogs on a cookie sheet, making sure they don't touch each other.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the dough "blankets" are lightly browned.
- Using a heavy oven mitt, remove from the oven. Be very
careful! The melted cheese especially is very hot!
- Cool slightly before putting on plates to serve.
- 1 pack refigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- vanilla or chocolate ice cream
Cut the cookie dough into slices - about 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch thick. Do not cut these slices into smaller pieces. Place on a cookie sheet, at
least 2 to 3 inches apart. Bake according to the directions on the package or until the cookies are lightly browned. You may have to add about one minute extra baking time because the cookies are bigger than the package directions
tell you. Using a heavy oven mitt, remove the cookie sheet from the oven. Use a metal spatula to remove the baked cookies from the cookie
sheet. Place the cookies on a wire cooling rack or white paper towels and cool completely.
To make the ice cream sandwiches -
Cut a thick slice of vanilla or chocolate ice cream about the size of
your cookies & place it between 2 cookies to make a sandwich.
Or..... Place a scoop of ice cream on top of a cookie. Flatten the ice cream with the back of a large spoon. Top with another cookie.
You can make extra ice cream chipwiches to use all the cookies you baked....
Wrap each ice cream sandwich in plastic wrap or wax paper and place in the freezer so you can enjoy them later!
Kool Aid Slush Cups
- ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 packet Kool Aid
- paper cups
Place the ice cubes in a blender - enough to fill it a half way. Add about 2 tablespoons water. Place the lid on the blender, making sure the lid fits tightly. Turn on the blender - at high speed - to crush the ice. When the ice is completely crushed, place it in a bowl. Sprinkle the Kool Aid powder over the crushed ice. Stir the Kool Aid into the ice until the Kool Aid is dissolved and all of the ice is colored and slushy. Scoop the slush into the paper cups and serve.
Creamy Fruit Dessert
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large red delicious apple - washed, cored and chopped.
- 1/2 cup red or white grape halves
- 3/4 cup whipped topping, such as Cool Whip®, thawed
Younger kids should have an adult wash, remove the hulls and chop the strawberries. They should also have an adult wash, core and chop the apple; wash the grapes and cut them in half.
To prepare the dessert - Mix the chopped strawberries, mini marshmallows, and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or foil. Place it in the refrigerator to chill for about 4 hours. Stir in the chopped apples and grape halves. Gently stir in the thawed whipped topping. Spoon into small dessert dishes. Serve and enjoy!
||Toysmith Bella Bistro Kids Nonstick Bakeware Set|
Make real desserts with this Bella Bistro Bakeware designed just for kids! The set includes a 12-cup mini muffin pan, a 5.5" mini loaf pan, a 4" diameter bundt pan, and a 4" diameter springform pan. Little gourmet chefs will love baking with the four recipes, also included.
Click on the bear to go back to my Nana's kitchen/index page.
Or, Use this pull-down menu to go to....
* song is "Little
The cute bear & cupcake graphics are from -
Need A Recipe?...Call Mom!