MY LOOMIS ANCESTORS
My Direct Loomis Line beginning with my Grandfather, Charles Loren Loomis.
- FIRST GENERATION: Charles Loren LOOMIS was born on 23 Apr 1891 in Decatur, Benton Co., AR. He died on 26 Feb 1976 in Fairview, Major Co., OK. He married Gladys Eve Hutchcraft on 15th of Nov. 1919 Kingfisher Co., OK
- SECOND GENERATION: Charles Franklin LOOMIS was born on 27 Feb 1840 in Freeport, Stephenson Co., IL. He died on 17 Apr 1917 in Raton, Colfax Co., NM. He was first married to Janetta FISHER, she died before Oct 1888 in KS. His second marriage was to Amanda Evaline PEAIRS
- THIRD GENERATION: Ephraim Harrison LOOMIS was born on 18 Oct 1811 in Taghkanic, Columbia Co., NY. He died on 11 Oct 1859 in Cornado, Lyon Co., KS. He was married to Mary Ann DAGGETT.
- FOURTH GENERATION: William Hartman LOOMIS was born in 1776 in Taghkanic, Columbia Co., NY. He died in 1866 in Monroe, Green Co., WI. He was married to Mary Amanda WILSEY
- FIFTH GENERATION: Jacob LOOMIS was born on 26 Nov 1720 in Simsbury, Hartford Co., CT. He died on 26 Jun 1822 in Albany, Albany Co., NY. He was married to Dolly HARTMAN before 1748 in Tughkanic, Columbia Co., NY.
- SIXTH GENERATION: Josiah LOOMIS was born on 28 Nov 1684 in Windsor, Hartford Co., CT. He was living between 1713 and 1741 in Simsbury, Hartford Co., CT. He died in 1754 in Simsbury, Hartford Co., CT. He was married to Elizabeth KELSEY on 22 Jan 1707.
- SEVENTH GENERATION: Sergeant Daniel LOOMIS was born on 16 Jun 1657 in Farmington, Hartford Co., CT. He died on 25 Jun 1740 in Hartford Co., CT. He had an estate probated on 5 Aug 1740 in Windsor, Hartford Co., CT. He was married to Mary ELLSWORTH
- EIGHTH GENERATION: John LOOMIS Deacon was born in 1622 in Braintree, Essex Co., England. He died on 1 Sep 1688 in Windsor, Hartford Co., CT. He was married to Elizabeth SCOTT
- NINTH GENERATION: Joseph LOOMIS was born in 1590 in Braintree, Essex Co., England. He was christened on 24 Aug 1590 in Shalford, Essex Co., England. He emigrated on 17 Jul 1630 from Boston, Suffolk Co., MA. He died on 25 Nov 1658 in Windsor, Hartford Co., CT. He was married to Mary WHITE
- The above mentioned Loomis family data is not guaranteed in any manner. It is correct as I understand it today, but as you know, tomorrow one of us may find that long missing piece of information and the whole picture will change. Please contact me if you see something that is wrong, as you know it. Kathleen Burnett
The Children of my Loomis Forefathers
General Loomis Family Sites
The Loomis mailing list for the discussion and sharing of information regarding the Loomis surname and variations (e.g., Lummys, Lummuys, Lummyus, Lomax) in any place and at any time. Mailing address for postings is firstname.lastname@example.org. To subscribe send the word "subscribe" (without the quotes) as the only text in the body of a message to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
Please take a moment and sign my guestbook.