is an interesting
self-working card trick that's
a real live detective chase!
1. Remove the Jack of Hearts plus
any chosen card from the deck
and set them aside. Then make
two random stacks of 15 cards
each, one stack is for YOU ..
and the other stack is for me.
2. Now cut MY stack into two smaller stacks called A and B.
Then cut YOUR stack into two smaller stacks called C and
D. I will use "face-down" stacks A and B; and you'll use
"face down" stacks C and D.
3. Put YOUR chosen card "face-down" on top of stack C or
on top of stack D.
4. Next, put MY "face-up" on top of stack A or on top of
stack B; then put that stack "face down" on top of YOUR
chosen cut stack.
5. Now put MY remaining stack A or stack B on top of YOUR
chosen stack; then put YOUR remaining stack C or stack
D on top .. square up the cards and cut the deck.
6. Finally, sort the cards into two piles. The first card
in a "face up" pile; the next card in a "face down" pile
and watch for the Jack. Whichever pile the Jack of Hearts
appears in after the deal, remove the other stack and
re-deal the stack that you saw the Jack in.
7. Do this 4 times until only two cards remain and those
two cards should be my card ( the Jack of Hearts ) ..
plus YOUR chosen card. "I got you!"
From firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail return to magic listing page