Here are the instructions for one of my favorite card tricks!
1. Remove the King of Clubs, Queen of Diamonds and Jack of Clubs and
place these cards "face up" on the table left to right as shown ..
Do not tell any spectators that this is called the NORMAL sequence!
2. Turn your back and ask a spectator to change places with ANY two
"face up" cards that he/she wants. It's a free choice. Then ask the spectator to turn over
all three cards "face down" on the table.
3. Keeping your back turned, ask the spectator if he/she wants to change places with any two
"face down" cards a 2ND time. Keeping your back turned, ask the spectator if he/she wants
to change places with any two "face down" cards a 3RD, 4TH, 5TH, 6TH, etc time until the
spectator says "stop". It's very important that you remember how many times an exchange took
place .. if it was an "ODD" number of times or an "EVEN" number of times !
5. Now turn around, look at the three "face down" cards and ask the spectator to think of the
card that was originally NOT TOUCHED. Then have the spectator turn over any one of the three
cards. Supposing he/she turns over the middle "face-down" card and supposing it is the JACK.
6. Ask the spectator which of the two "face down" cards are the QUEEN or the KING! After he/she
guesses, you can say with certainty "YOU ARE CORRECT" or " .. INCORRECT" before the spectator
actually turns over that "face dowm" guessed card. Here's how you will know what it is ..
7. If and EVEN number of exchanges were made ( 2, 4, 6, etc ) you know the "face down" card that
is LEFT of the selected "face up" card must be the QUEEN and the "face down" card that is RIGHT
of the selected "face up" card must be the KING .. because EVEN means the cards are back in
the "ORIGINAL" starting normal sequence ... K, Q, J, K, Q, J etc.
8. If and ODD number of exchanges were made ( 1, 3, 5, etc ) you know the "face-down" card that
is LEFT of the selected "face up" card must be the KING and the "face down" card that is RIGHT
of the selected "face up" card must be the QUEEN because ODD means the cards are now in the
"REVERSE" normal sequence ... J, Q, K, J, Q, K etc. Let me know if you have any questions.
From firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail return to magic listing page
3-CARD ESP ..