Two Baby Fics

Two Baby Fics

TITLE: Domestic Bliss
AUTHORS: Matteabrit & SaRa
SUMMARY: Babyfic... pink, fluffy babyfic
DISCLAIMER: So sickeningly sweet it has to be Paramount's... would we really come up with something like this????
Self-beta'd by the two of us. After all, we knew we had an audience ready and waiting... and willing?

***

Kathryn cooed over the little bundle in her arms. "Oh, who's a little angel then?" she smiled as the baby drooled delightedly at her.
Across the room Chakotay sighed. "Come on, Kathryn, it's just a baby."
He received the death glare in return. "She's yours as well."
"Well, you won't find me talking that ridiculous way to her," he groused. "In my tribe we were taught better than that."
"Oh, come over and take a look, darling," Kathryn smiled. "She's even got your dimples."
"Kathryn." But even as he moaned he was putting down his padd and crossing the floor. "Yeah," he acknowledged. "I guess she does take after me in the looks department."
"Well, as long as she doesn't have your brains as well we should be okay."
"My brains? And this coming from the woman who talks in nonsense to our 'precious darling'?" He sighed. "Sometimes I don't know how you made captain, I really don't."
She looked down at the wee babe and gently rocked her. "It's okay, sweetie. Your daddy's just jealous. Just because he's not a captain. There's no need to take it out on us."
Chakotay put his arms around his wife, rested his head on her shoulder and looked down at his daughter. "How could I be jealous?" he murmured. "I have everything I want right here."

FINIS

***

TITLE: Night Visions
AUTHOR: Matteabrit & SaRa
SUMMARY: A dark, pink, fluffy babyfic. By request
DISCLAIMER: See previous
DEDICATION: To Becca... we love you sweetie :)

***

Silently, Kathryn stood at the doorway, watching the scene before her. If someone had told her of this night just a year ago she might have dismissed it as highly unlikely.

With just the light of the moon to illuminate him, Chakotay sat in the rocker, baby against his chest. From his lips came the sweetest song Kathryn had ever heard. Just moments ago, their daughter had woken them both; crying softly into the night. Stopping his wife from rising with a kiss, he had taken the baby from the cradle and carried her outside onto the veranda. Somewhere in the distance an owl hooted. It was the perfect accompaniment to the traditional song that Chakotay was singing. Halfway through the first verse the baby had fallen back to sleep but still Chakotay sat there, enjoying the darkness.

Kathryn padded across the wooden boards and placed a hand gently on his shoulder. "That was beautiful," she murmured. "And it seems to have done the trick."

Chakotay smiled up at her. "You're a matching pair, Kathryn," he whispered. "Both of my favourite women, wearing pink." He glanced down at the bundle in his arms. "Although I'm not sure this sleepersuit is quite the height of style."

Kathryn laughed softly. "Ah yes, but hers is more functional than mine, you have to admit."

"And I wouldn't have it any other way. Not at her age." His arm slid around her waist. "But yours is functional in its own way." He smiled slowly at her and Kathryn felt herself go weak. "How about we go back to bed and I show you how."

FINIS

Feed the author!

Back to The Edge