A Metamorphosis Alpha® play-by-post adventure run by ghost_of_warden
- Yahoo! ID: zhaxier
- Name: Zhaxier Cole
- Race: Mutated Humanoid
- Sex: Male
- Height: 6'
- Weight: 150#
- Age: 35
- Eyes: black (defect)
- Hair: bald
- Radiation Resistance: 16
- Mental Resistance: 18
- Strength: 13
- Dexterity: 10
- Constitution: 11
- Accumulated Hits: 39
- Armor Class: 1 (when unencumbered)
- Heightened Dexterity
- Dodge/jump/shift body faster; AC 1 when unencumbered.
- Heightened Precision
- Can determine weaknesses in objects/opponents; +2d6 dmg with any weapon.
- Physical Reflection: laser
- Impinging laser radiation reflected from skin in random direction.
- Heightened Intelligence
- +4 MR, increased ability to figure out ship technology.
- Heightened Brain Talent
- Artifact recog 3x faster, 2 saves vs. mental attacks, detect lies 100%.
- Mental Defense Shield
- +4 MR, awareness of mental mutations within 30m.
- Mental Blast
- 3d6 dmg (by attacking opponent's mind) per melee turn.
- Body Structure Change: no irises
- Pupils always fully dilated; even average lighting is so painful he must
shut his eyes (unless wearing dark glasses).
- Suffers from random fits of catalepsy.
- Cool-Mo-G sunglasses (worn)
- data pad
- has Warden's Engineering maps loaded
- has Zhaxier's research findings loaded
- runs on broadcast power
- in absence of broadcast signal, can use a hydrogen energy cell (24 hrs)
- steel gray engineering bracelet (worn, left wrist)
- clothes (generic navy blue crew uniform)
- engineering system hand unit (ESHU) (15/15 hrs; powered by 2 hydrogen energy cells):
- High-energy neutralizer for instantly draining non-atomic power sources within 50m.
- Energy sensor for locating/identifying any energy output (including radiation) within 100m.
- Sonic/X-ray unit for revealing inner workings of any system (even through lead).
- High-temperature melting/welding beam (swath 1cm).
- High-intensity laser beam (range 2 feet) for melting any obstruction but duralloy.
- laser torch (5d6 dmg; range 4 feet; swath 3cm; 20/20 hrs; powered by 1 hydrogen energy cell):
- Can weld any metal, even duralloy if given time.
- Care must be taken not to over-burn the metal due to beam intensity.
- spare hydrogen energy cells (3)
- data pad pen (chewed)
- memory crystals (20 total; 7 filled with clone lab techie esoterica)
(fit in data pad, high capacity, write-once)
- VR glasses
- flex paper
- backup disks (3) (fit in data pad, rewritable)
Zhaxier is an imperfect clone of a Warden propulsion engineer, 2nd
class, who died in the Cloud. He awoke in a village on March 26, 2780 and
experienced excruciating pain in his eyes. Later he learned of his epilepsy,
from a report recommending that his cloning be aborted, but it did not delineate
the nature of his other mutations. Yet later, he learned he could "see" certain
entities with his eyes closed, and to tell when someone is lying, but he has yet
to figure out the relevance of these mutations.
Zhaxier houses deep rage at his debilitating genetic defects. He for the
most part internalizes this self-hatred, hiding behind a veil of sarcasm, and
pinning his hopes on an elaborate plan to ensure that his next clone has a
better chance. He apparently has forgotten all of the faces of the people he
knew in his former life, except for those of his lover Enki Alba, and his boss
Mikhail Dimitriev Kaminsky, IV. On the other hand, Zhaxier recalls his duties,
and also his feelings for Enki, whom he is trying to forget; he feels unworthy
of the memories, but he cannot for the second life of him get over her.
Zhaxier passes as a lean, well-toned pure-strain human of African heritage
(when wearing sunglasses). He has discarded the Warden uniform he was
wearing when he first awoke, and has replaced it with a generic one.
This page updated: Mon Jan 09 14:22:27 2006
All text Copyright ©1999-2006 PBPArchives.