A Metamorphosis Alpha® play-by-post adventure run by ghost_of_warden
- Yahoo! ID: darksonprime
- Name: Exarch
- Race: XR-12 Engineering Robot
- Sex: N/A (uses masculine voice modulation)
- Height: ?
- Weight: ?
- Age: ?
- Eyes: N/A
- Hair: N/A
- Radiation Resistance: 12
- Mental Resistance: 9
- Strength: 16
- Dexterity: 10
- Constitution: 12
- Accumulated Hits: 41
- Armor Class: 4 (rusted metal chassis)
- Semi-independent action circuits (allow the robot to undertake tasks other
than just the repair work for which it is programmed)
- Broadcast power cells (enable the robot to draw energy from the ship's hull
or other broadcast power generators)
- Tentacle manipulators with special heavy duty extenders (3, range 5')
- Power grasping claws (2, range 5', lift up to 300#)
- Hydrogen power cell (24hr continuous operation in absence of broadcast power)
- Telescopic/microscopic lens (up to 50x)
- Infrared/UV lenses (3)
- Light sources (2, rotating, 250 candles each)
- High propulsion unit (max speed 40 mph)
- Memory wipe: This unit suffers from complete amnesia and recalls nothing of
its creation or purposes.
- Non-responsive: This unit is no longer affected by engineering/command bands
or other verbal/electrical control methods. A deep-seated wiring failure
creates the appearance of free-will in the unit. Only a massive repair and
reprogramming will reinstate this unit's original control responses.
- Sporadic coordination: This unit is the victim of massive wear and tear.
It has little to no control over its grasping claws (if at all, at 1/2 DEX):
they exert either too much, or too little pressure. Zhaxier restored
coordination to his tentacle manipulators.
- Rusty chassis: This unit's body has become rusted beyond repair, reducing
its protective capacity.
- Heavy modifications: Inspection of this unit reveals massive self/alien
modifications such as the removal of many utility tools, the appearance of
many internal/external storage units (secretive pockets which the unit keeps
oddities such as seemingly useless metal tidbits, tools, etc.). The unit
also has undergone massive rewiring, making the unit's actions and motives
next to chaotic.
- third stage slug projector (non-lethal)
- bandolier with several cans of Plant Defoliant (labeled "Plant Death in a Can!")
- "numerous tools and seemingly useless bits of junk scavenged from his cloudy past"
- memory chips (5, from command terminal)
- power cell (from command terminal)
"Exarch" is the quirkiest damn robot ever to forget its brain wiped clean.
If ever "his" (it speaks with a male voice modulation) head unit is
inspected/dismantled (killing "him" most likely), an organic brain will be
found, wet-wired into the rest of the robotic body.
"He" is a rather benevolent individual, and trys to be helpful and
accommodating. "He" also is rather interested in exploring and investigating
Above all else, Exarch seems programmed with the respect of all living
things. "He" will neither harm nor allow to be harmed non-hostile lifeforms,
and will not knowingly attack or harm hostile lifeforms (mutated plants seem to
be in question). Exarch will protect his comrades and other lifeforms from harm
at all costs (even with his quirky robot body).
What the hell ever happened to this poor robot?!
This rusty unit has colorful markings and designs on its chassis, though when
questioned, it is ignorant of their origin and meaning. One such decoration is
a painted-neon message on its large rear storage space: "This Mother@#$%er's
gonna get my metal!" Exarch's front chassis bears an anti-plant symbol.
This page updated: Mon Jan 09 14:22:25 2006
All text Copyright ©1999-2006 PBPArchives.