A Metamorphosis Alpha® play-by-post adventure run by ghost_of_warden
- Yahoo! ID: kurtgrubbins
- Name: Biff Jenkins
- Race: Pure Strain Human
- Sex: Male
- Height: 5' 10"
- Weight: 165#
- Age: 23
- Eyes: brown
- Hair: blond
- Radiation Resistance: 13
- Mental Resistance: 10
- Strength: 11
- Dexterity: 14
- Leadership Potential: 13
- Constitution: 11
- Accumulated Hits: 34
- Armor Class: 8
- Tech: Environmental Engineer
- Starship Knowledge: environmental control systems
- Paramilitary Training: "small unit style (his tribe was no army), relying on
hand-to-hand, small arms and using the envirosystems themselves as weapons
(e.g., diverting gases, antiseptic agents, energy systems, and directing
- Plastidenim jumpsuit with Warden logo ("a cross between a 70's leisure suit and the Chairman Mao look")
- Friction sportshoes
- plastic bottle full of Antiangst (m-1/m)
- ID card
- Superstim tablets (n-2/n; 2d6 STR boost for same number of minutes)
- data pad
- has Warden's Enviro Schemata loaded
- runs on broadcast power
- in absence of broadcast signal, can use a hydrogen energy cell (24 hrs)
- ecology life analyzer (ELA) hand unit (?/25 hrs; powered by 2 hydrogen energy cells)
- Sonic sterilizer can destroy any microbes/germs on the surface of the skin/wound.
- X-ray screen to reveal any level below the skin's surface.
- Germ destroyer that stimulates the body's own defenses to kill harmful substances in the body.
- Life detector can detect any size living body in a 1km radius.
- golf cap (tacky)
- paralysis rod (3hr chemical cell loaded)
- takes any energy cell: chemical (3hr), solar (5hr), hydrogen (10hr)
- needs 3d6 min to warm up
- overloads any type of electrical nervous system to cause unconsciousness for 3d6 hrs
- 3' long with 1' extender
- must be in direct contact with flesh of target, but for only a fraction of a second
- dog-eared copy of The Communist Manifesto
- Jovian army knife (the 23rd century's souped-up Leatherman Unitool)
- liter bottle of Supersport (everything drink)
Jenkins was a member of the Trans-Plutonian construction team that built
Warden. He sold his mnemo-genetic code to the project but was never
part of the crew/passenger complement.
"Biff Jenkins (the first) was actually an imposter.
"Ansel DeVrees, a member of a fringe Neo-Marxist group and insurgent-at-large
assumed the identity of Biff Jenkins.
"DeVrees grew up in the outer system. His early life was spent in a
subculture that specialized in refurbishing artificial habitats, primarily large
asteroid complexes whose ownership/function had changed. His role was to
rejuvenate/re-engineer the habitats, but the catch was dealing with squatters,
pirates and new life forms that inhabited these complexes (insert paramilitary
"Cut to a period of work on Pluto, where his misgivings of his previous
'cleanup' operations made him open to radicalization by Neo-Marxists that
criticized the forced relocation of squatters.
"After some 'direct political actions,' he needed to lay low. He assumed the
identity of Biff Jenkins (before Biff started working on Warden) and
performed his duties. Eventually disillusioned about the viability of a
Worker's Utopia in the Home system, he came upon the idea that the 'blank slate'
of the colonies still had possibilities.
"After helping with the construction of Warden, he sold his
mnemo-genetic specific codes in the hope of spreading his cause to the
"In the current circumstance, he has a jumble of memories of his true/assumed
identities and is wondering if other 'sleepers' are present among the clones."
This page updated: Mon Jan 09 14:22:25 2006
All text Copyright ©1999-2006 PBPArchives.