- As with all candles they may pose a fire hazard if the candle is used improperly.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Place on sturdy structure that has a heat-resistant surface away from any flammable sources or any type draft.
- Keep burning candles out of the reach of children, pets or unsafe situations.
- To prevent any damage to persons, pets or surface discontinue use when 1/2" of wax remains
- To protect table surfaces from absorbing candle color, always use a holder.
- To prevent candles from boring a hole down the middle, burn candles for at least one hour for each inch in diameter. For example burn a 3-inch candle at least 3 hours
- Candlewicks should be trimmed to 1/4 inch to prevent smoking.
- Even "non drip candles" may drip under certain circumstances, ie., being placed in a drafty area. If candle appears ready to drip, extinguish candle and allow to cool for approximately one half hour before re-lighting.
- If candle drips try moving to another location or check air movement that may be causing a draft.
*Place the candle in an area free from drafts. The first time you light the candle, allow it to burn until the liquid wax covers the entire top of the candle. This breaking in process insures that it will perform better and more evenly throughout the life of the candle. For pillars, plan on burning 5-6 hours on the initial lighting. With subsequent use, the candle should remain lit for a minimum of 3 to 4 hours each time. This will insure a clean and efficient burning cycle for the life of the candle.
*To extinguish a candle, dip the wick into the liquid wax, using a non-flammable instrument. This little known technique eliminates smoking
*The wick is designed to produce a small black carbon cap at the top of the wick as it burns. This is normal as it helps radiate heat to the edge of the candle. You should not trim the wick nor touch it while it is cold! After extinguishing the flame, it is best to remove carbon deposits or other foreign materials from the liquid wax when possible.
*Should your candle burn unevenly due to a draft consider this. Carefully push the wick towards the higher side. If this causes dripping, extinguish the flame, let it cool for an hour, then relight the candle. Repeat this practice a few times and the candle will repair itself.
*To regain the color and luster of the non textured candle, buff with a soft cotton cloth or an old nylon to remove dust and small scratches. This process revitalizes the candle's sheen. The heat from the candle burning tends to dull the finish but it can easily be regained with this simple maintenance tip.
Why do candles drip and burn Uneven ?
My Candles always are leaking Wax...."
Have you ever had a candle
that burned down uneven causing "gapping
rivers" of hot wax to spill out over the sides?
Provided that you keep your candles out of drafty areas and use proper candle burning technics your candles should NEVER spill wax out the sides, properly manufactured candles should not melt down uneven or have a "mushroom effect".
"OK, so I did allow the minimun burning time for my candle but some some candle manufactures candles still Drip!"
If you allow the appropriate amount of burn time per burning sessions and your candles still drip, burn down uneven or mushroom out, chances are the candle was not manufactured properly. There are a number of reasons that could cause this, the manufacture may not be using quality wax, not enough amount of additives or too much. Knowing the correct measurements of additives is a must. Other reasons could be, and the most common is that the wick is not the right type for the specific type of candle. Beyond all this the type of frangrance or color dyes also plays a part on the outcome of how a candle burns.
"Does it cost more for a candle manufacture to make a non-drip Candle?"
NOPE! Again the secret to get a non-drip candle is all in the "recipe" and knowledge of how to burn candles properly.
"How can your sell quality candles so Cheap?"
We buy our supplies from a quality supplier in bulk which cuts back on our cost a great deal, therefore we can pass the savings on to our customers.
We hope you enjoy burning our candles as much as we do making them!
HOME PAGE | Pillar Candles | Aromatherapy - Wedding Candles
Taper Candles | Religious Theme | Floral Candles | Christmas Candles |Votive Candles
Secure on line Order Store | FAQ's
Our Awards | Submit 4 Award | Wholesale Info | About Us
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED