Welcome to The BravoGabbo Net World
INVISIBLE MAN POETRY CONTEST
Fans of The Invisible Man (2000) are known not only for their good nature, but also their creative writing skills. Do you have a poem or song languishing in a computer file somewhere or tucked away in a desk drawer on a scrap of paper, because you don't have anything to do with it? Well, this is your chance.
I am pleased to announce that I am coordinating a poetry contest in conjunction with I-ManiCon 2007 in Los Angeles this summer. You must be a member of the I-Maniacs Fan Club to enter, but membership is free. What are you waiting for? Complete rules for the contest are below.
1. Submissions must be original works related in some way to The Invisible Man (2000); this may be in theme, use of characters, etc. However, no flaming of real-life persons or companies associated with the show, its production, or its airing will be allowed.
2. Submissions may be any style of verse, including songs. Submissions must be no longer than 350 words.
3. Entrants must be members of the I-Maniacs, a.k.a. The Invisible Man Fan Club.
4. Submissions should be sent to I_Man_Poetry@yahoo.com as e-mail attachments in Microsoft Word document format (.doc extension), 1 poem per page. "I-Man Poetry Contest" should be in the subject line, or the e-mail may be mistaken as spam and discarded.
5. Entrants may submit as many original works as they like.
6. Entrants should be sure to include, on each page of each entry, their name or handle as they would like it to appear on any awards certificate, list of winners, or publication. Judging will be anonymous.
7. All persons submitting work agree to allow, without monetary remuneration, their submissions to be printed, published online, or otherwise distributed by the contest coordinators, including officers of the I-Maniacs, a.k.a. The Invisible Man Fan Club, and members of the club who actually work on the I-Man Poetry Contest before, during, and/or after I-ManiCon 2007, in perpetuity. All persons submitting work retain the right to print, publish, or otherwise distribute their submissions in any form they may choose.
8. Submissions are due no later than 11:59 p.m. on July 9, 2007 to allow time for printing. Submissions received after this date will be excluded. Submissions will be judged at I-ManiCon 2007 in Los Angeles on July 21. Entrants need not be present to win.
9. Submissions must be rated G, PG, or PG-13; anything excessively vulgar or explicit will not be considered for the contest or for publication. Mild profanity may be allowed if it fits within the context of the poem, to be determined by the contest coordinator. The GD, F and S words are forbidden; all others will be considered on a case-by-case situation. The safest way to avoid this problem is to avoid this kind of language. "Crap" is not profanity.
10. These rules subject to updating or clarification, so please check back from time to time to make sure there have been no changes; entrants will be notified via e-mail if any important changes occur after they submit, but it should not affect their entries.