To Prevent Skin Aging and Cancer
It seams reasonable to avoid midday sun when possible, and avoid tanning salons. Use protective clothing, hats, and umbrellas during prolonged sun exposure. Apply and reapply sunscreen or use preparations that contain micronized zinc oxide or titanium oxide for more complete protection.
Published research (Med. Pregl.) indicates that both children and adults are still spending considerable time in the sun during peak UV exposure periods. A survey conducted on 51 physician volunteers of various specialties showed that 33% spent over 2 peak UV hours outdoors every day and another 33.33% are regularly sun exposed for at least 5 hours. Only 39% of the survey group regularly used sunscreen and those that did used an inadequate amount for full body protection. A majority of the respondents did not believe that sunscreens protected against skin cancer, but they did believe that sunscreens could slow the aging process. Common reasons for not using sunscreen were the amount of time involved in application and the relative high cost. The researchers concluded that participants lacked well-formed sun protection habits and that there continues to be a poor understanding of the need for sun protection despite worldwide campaigns warning of the dangers.
SolarMax 17 is a sun protection formula containing antioxidant vitamins and sun protection factor (SPF) 17. Vitamins A, C, E, contained in SolarMax 17, protect skin cells from free radical damage caused by UV light exposure. The formula is moisture-proof, sweat-resistant, and can be worn under makeup.
The new Rejuvenex Body Lotion contains some titanium oxide, but more importantly it was formulated with precise amounts of glycolic acid, vitamin C, and melatonin which, according to recent studies, protect against photoaging of the skin epidermis.
Rejuvenex with Advanced Vitamin C contains minimal sunscreen protection (SPF-12), but ingredients such as vitamin C complex, vitamin E, ceraphyl GA-D, vitamin A, and RNA do more to prevent and repair DNA damage than even the strongest sunscreen.
The Dream Cream, also known as RejuveNight, contains all the anti-aging ingredients (including DHEA and melatonin) to help the skin repair, renew, and revitalize itself. Although it was intended as an intensive night recovery cream, it can be used any time. The precise DHEA amounts and melatonin, together with associated factors, work specifically in the epidermis of the skin, not transdermally. There is no sunscreen in the Dream Cream, so if using it during the day in the sunlight, the user should wear makeup that contains zinc oxide or a sunscreen (and most of them do), or use a sunscreen.
- 1. RNA-rich foods such as sardines, salmon, tuna, shell fish, lentils, and beans help improve cell energy through a "salvage pathway."
- 2. Antioxidant- and phytochemical-rich foods such as fruits, vegetables, and green tea help protect against oxidative damage and free radical attack of all body cells including the skin.
- 3. Antioxidant vitamins E and C, the "skin vitamin," A, B vitamins and their coenzymes, and the minerals selenium, zinc, copper, and manganese provide protection against damaging free radicals and help to repair, renew, and revitalize skin.
- 4. Take 6000-7000 mg a day of perilla or flax oils or 3000-4000 mg of fish oil highly concentrated with EPA and DHEA. Please note that fish oil produces gastro-intestinal upset in some people, whereas perilla and flax oils are usually well tolerated.
- 5.Rejuvenex Body Lotion, containing titanium oxide, glycolic acid, vitamin C, and melatonin, protects against photoaging of the epidermis.
- 6.Rejuvenex with Advanced Vitamin C contains SPF-12 and vitamin C complex, vitamin E, ceraphyl GA-D, vitamin A, and RNA. These ingredients are more effective than the strongest sunscreen in prevention and repair of DNA damage.
- 7. The Dream Cream contains anti-aging ingredients (such as DHEA and melatonin) and can be used as a day or night cream. The ingredients in Dream Cream work specifically in the epidermis of the skin, not transdermally.
- 8. SolarMax 17 is a sun protection formula containing antioxidant vitamins and sun protection factor (SPF) 17. The spray bottle makes it easy to apply to all body parts.
- 9. If skin is dry and flaky, consider a thyroid profile to determine if the thyroid gland is producing an adequate amount of hormone.
- 10. Use protective clothing, hats, and umbrellas during prolonged sun exposure.
- 11. Apply and reapply sunscreen or use preparations that contain micronized zinc oxide or titanium oxide for more complete protection.