The Quigley Family
The James Quigley Family
James Quigley was born in 1711 in Stranorlar, County Donegal, Ireland. Around the year 1753 he married Isabel Walker, the daughter of William and Mary Walker. Isabell was about 17 years old; James was about 42 years old.
James and Isabel made their home in Worcester, Massachusetts. Each of their eleven children were born here. James Quigley and three of his sons served in the Revolutionary War.
In 1784, James Quigley moved his family to Chester, Massachusetts. He contributed towards the building of a meeting house there.
Isabel Walker Quigley died on March 24, 1793 in Chester, Massachusetts. James died there also on November 16, 1801. They are both buried together in a cemetery at Chester Center, Massachusetts.
CHILDREN OF JAMES AND ISABEL QUIGLEY:
- John born Feb. 1, 1754
- William born April, 25 1756 and died July, 9 1840
- He married Thankful Moore.
- James baptized Oct. 8, 1758 and died after June 1831
- He married Esther Fowler.
- John, Sr. baptized Dec., 21, 1760 and died 1804 - MY LINE
- Catherine baptized April 1, 1764 and died June 23, 1848
- She married John Hamilton.
- Hugh baptized April 5, 1765 and died Oct. 12, 1841
- He married Mary Mulhollon.
- Susey baptized Jan. 3, 1769
- Adam baptized Feb. 4, 1770
- He married Hannah Buttalph.
- Ann baptized April 19, 1772
- David baptized Feb. 6, 1775
- Becky baptized Aug. 10, 1777
The above information given by Jack Ross, a Quigley genealogist.
CHECK OUT THE JOHN QUIGLEY, SR, SON OF JAMES QUIGLEY, LINK BELOW **
Other Sites to See
John Quigley, Sr Family
Return to Home
My Walker Line
My Oliver Line