"To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified."—Isaiah 61:3.
Now when [Jesus] was risen early the first [day] of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils. 10) [And] she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept. 11) And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. 12) After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. 13) And they went and told [it] unto the residue: neither believed they them. 14) Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. 19) So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20) And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with [them], and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
God has provided divine protection from accidental injestion in the atonement of the Yeshua haMashiach/Lord Jesus Christ. By this, we understand that we should not "tempt God," by purposely injesting substances, as is seen in the abuse of drugs.
Luke 4:9 And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence: 10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee: 11 And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
God cares very much that we, as the children of God, walk in divine health, living out of the atonement, and He commands us in His word not to live in fear.
Focus your attention upon the following verse from Mark 16:18.
18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
"And the barbarous people shewed us no little kindness: for they kindled a fire, and received us every one, because of the present rain, and because of the cold."
A classic example of a man of God "taking up a serpent," is seen in Acts 28:2-5, where as Paul gathers sticks for a fire to warm himself, a poisonous viper fastens onto his hand.
The people on the island were kind and of Phoenician decent. They did not all speak Greek, and are referred to as barbarous. They took in the survivors of the shipwreck and cared for them, helping them ashore, and providing for their immediate needs, for it was still in the winter season.
v3) "And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the hear, and fastened on his hand."
No doubt when Paul drug the sticks and limbs to the fire, a viper was attached to one of them, and when Paul threw it on the fire, the viper clung to Paul's hand. This viper in the Greek was an "echidna", and it was know to be very poisonous.
v4 "And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, "No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live."
When the barbarians saw the snake hanging from Paul's hand they assumed that when Paul escaped the ship wreck, it was their god's way of bringing justice to this man they considered a murderer.
v5 "And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm."
Paul did not fear the snake bite, but shook the viper into the fire, and went about his business. The barbarians watched transfixed as the viper's bite had no adverse effect, and caused Paul no harm. God's mission for Paul was important and Paul knew how to stand in the atoning work of calvary, so that not even a poisonous viper could keep Paul from reaching Rome and his meeting with Caesar. (Acts 28:2-5)
As a result of Paul's amazing survival, Paul and his companions, including Luke and Aristarchus, end up staying in the home of the Island's governor, literally the "first man of the island." 7 There was an estate nearby that belonged to Publius, the chief official of the island.
The taking up serpents spoken of in Mark 16:18 is one aspect of accidental injestion. The drinking "any deadly" not proving harmful is a second aspect of protection from injestion.
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. (1 Peter 2:24)
In haMashiach/Christ's redemption there is both physical and spiritual healing. In the New Testament, many came to Jesus for healing! He never refused anyone! God healed them ALL. Of those that came to him He never refused to heal anyone who believed.
The healing comes in various ways. One of these is to speak the word only and you will be healed. He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. (Ps 107:20) Another is to call for the elders of the Church.
14) Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15) And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. (James 5:14-15)
GOD IS NO RESPECTER OF PERSONS
God is not a respecter of persons. He will not do something for one believer and not another.
- Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
- Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
- Ephesians 6:9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.
- Colossians 3:25 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
- 1 Peter 1:17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear.
God says that anyone who asks of him receives.
HEALING IN THE ATONEMENT
Isa 53:4-5 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Griefs – Old Testament (OT): Strongs #2483
choliy (khol-ee'); from OT: #2470; malady, anxiety, calamity:
KJV - disease, grief, (is) sick (-ness).
Sorrows - OT: Strongs #4341
mak'ob (mak-obe'); sometimes mak'owb (mak-obe'); also (feminine Isa 53:3) mak'obah (mak-o-baw'); from OT:3510; anguish or (figuratively) affliction:
KJV - grief, pain, sorrow.
Matt 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.
If it is not God’s will for you to be healed then why pray for healing, because you might be violating God’s will or even seeing a doctor. Then do nothing for healing. He suffered sickness for you. Deliverance in Christ is two fold.
The Greek word “sozo” means to be saved and to be healed.
NT: #4982 sozo (sode'-zo); from a primary sos (contraction for obsolete saoz, "safe"); to save, i.e. deliver or protect (literally or figuratively):
KJV - heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.
1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Deliverance both spiritual and physical is what God provided for every one of you.
- James 5:14-15 14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
- Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
- He that asks anything of God according to His will, will receive from Him the petitions He has put before Him.
- Matthew 7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
- Luke 11:10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
- 1 John 5:15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
- Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
- John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
- If Christ already has bare our sicknesses and diseases then why should we bare them.
- Mark 16:16-18 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved (sozo); but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
SICKNESS CAUSED BY DEMONS
Where there is demonic activity and oppression in the physical body, people suffer with chronic sickness for years or have hereditary illness in their bodies. This is the work of demonid spirits. Physical infirmities (weaknesses) such as allergies, arthritis, cancer, tumors, blindness, deafness, epilepsy, asthma, migraine, paralysis, often are caused by demon spirits.
A study of the New Testament reveals a total of 14 places where demonic possession (demonic activity) is discussed. Of these, at least 4 instances of demon possession result in chronic (prolonged or sustained) physical sickness, disease, or disability in the human being oppressed by Satan with the illness.
- 1) A demon of dumbness - Matthew 9:32, Luke 11:14
With the healing of this man the multitudes marveled, saying: It was never seen in Israel. The Pharisees stood in religious opposition however, unwilling to give God the glory, for His marvellous healings and miracles.
- 2) A demon of blindness and dumbness - Matthew 12:22
They brought the man to Yeshua/Jesus and he healed him insomuch that the man who had been blind and dumb both spoke and could see.
- 3) A demon possessed son (with epilepsy) - Matthew 17:14-21, Mark 9:17-25, Luke 39-42
The disciples of Yeshua haMashiach/Jesus Christ did not have success in this case, so the boy was brought to Messiah who assigned "their own lack of faith" as the cause for their lack of success. The implication is that they should have been able to case this spirit out, but the Lord said that "This kind comes out but by much prayer." (Matt. 17:21) Many of the seeming hinderances to healing are that God's people do not put enough prayer on it, until they break the demonic power causing the disease. The "spirit of infirmity" (weakness) that should also be cast out.
- 4) A woman with a spirit of infirmity (bent or bowed over) - Luke 13:11
She is called a "Daughter of Abraham," and this tells us that she was a woman living in covenant with God at that time. Yeshua/Jesus recognized this covenant as valid basis for her healing. Healing is the children's bread. Messiah had not yet been crucified and bore the world's sin and sickness. Yet He states that she whom Satan has bound "ought" to b healed. (Luke 13:16)
Dear Heavenly Father: I bless Your holy name, and thank you that you have redeemed me and I can called You "Abba Father." I am delighted to be called a son of God by faith in Yeshua haMashiach/Christ Jesus. You are My Great Physician. Yeshua/Jesus was bruised for my iniquities and by His stripes I am healed. I receive my healing by faith right now, in Jesus’ name.
I rebuke symptoms, abnormalities, irregularities in any part of my body. I render your power over my body powerless, in Jesus’ name. I come against every "spirit of infirmity" (weakness) in my body. I bind and cast you out of my body in Jesus’ name. I command all harmful bacterial, infecting any part of my body to wither and die, in Jesus’ name. I release the anointing of the Holy Spirit to go through my bones, marrow, veins, blood stream, heart, lungs and kidneys. Purge and flush out any harmful organism that doesn’t belong in my body.
I lay hands on myself, and command the healing power of Yeshua haMashiach/Jesus Christ to flow from the top of my head to the sole of my feet, and make me whole, spirit, soul and body. I apply the blood of Jesus over my life and command the effect of years of physical, emotional, verbal and mental abuse to be heal, in Jesus’ name. Thank You Yeshua haMashiach/Lord Jesus for healing me this day. I give You all the praise, and honour and glory both now and forever. Amen.
5214 South 2nd Avenue, Everett, Washington 98203-4113
A Minister For Your Marriage Celebration Main Back Page 29