The 10 Commandments and how DL's broken them.
1. I am the Lord Your G-d/Failing to honor her Creator by being a tyrannical boor who turns people away from religion and G-d.
2. Thou shalt have no other Gods before Me/Creating a Cult of Laura with a bevy of religious followers.
3. Thou shalt not make any graven image/Selling a line of T-shirts, coffee mugs, etc. with a Sun icon on it, also violating the commandment against worshipping the Sun or Moon.
4. Remember the Sabbath Day, and Keep it Holy/Trivializing the Sabbath by attacking others for behavior on non-Sabbath days and cloaking her lecture in the Fourth Commandment. (HellT adds: and by driving to temple on the Sabbath, and turning on the lights to look for the right outfit to wear on the Sabbath, and watching videos after supper on the Sabbath)
5. Honor Thy Father and Mother/Defacing her father's honor by rejecting his philosophy, and not speaking to her mother or sister for more than 12 years; she also called her mother weak in writing. (HellT adds: she ripped her mom royally in a number of interviews before she finally got self-righteous about 'honoring' her by no longer talking about her.)
6. Thou shalt not murder/Laura trivializes this commandment by comparing gossip to murder, and attacks callers who gossip by calling them murderers.
7. Thou shalt not steal/Laura took all she could from her mentor, Bill Ballance, then heaved him over when he was no longer convenient. She does not acknowledge the debt she owes him in teaching her the radio business. (HellT adds: and he persuaded her to get her MFCC, going so far as to get an influential friend of his to act as her training supervisor. And she copied designs for her knitting business.) Laura arranged for another talk therapist to get fired so she could have the slot, by leaking damaging information to management.
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness/Laura denied having a relationship with Ballance, despite the photographs that prove otherwise; in fact Ballance had no choice but to release them when Laura bore false witness about their past. Laura also lied on two occasions claiming Deryk had no grandparents. (HellT adds: and about Williamson, and Beach Access, and her being a 'licensed psychotherapist, and her claims about the authors of the Rind study.)
9. Thou shalt not commit adultery/Laura had an affair with Ballance while she was married, and he was married, to others. Laura started dating Lew Bishop while he was married. She has attacked callers who are in a similar situation as "the other honey." Laura also put herself in an inappropriate relationship by having a working relationship with not one but two men, Rabbi Stuart Vogel and Rabbi Reuven Bulka. She has discouraged callers from intense one-on-one work with someone of the opposite sex.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his house, nor his ass, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor anything which is that of thy neighbor's. Laura does not live a simple life, but has a gated mansion with a pool so she does not need to share it with children who might urinate while swimming. While she hectors her callers to give up everything to make the one-parent-at-home ideal work, she wants for little. Laura demanded her own studio so she would not have to share KFI studio space with other personalities. Laura was so upset about her pink Mercedes getting scratched by a door ding that she bought a 4x4 truck to drive to work.
The Rev. Dr. Maddi